Re: Hello! Time to come out of the woodwork :)

  • Pamela
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2008
      The best thing I could tell you, Amy, is to do a google (yahoo,
      whatever) search for round looms. You will not believe the websites
      that can help you out. There are a ton! Thank God for all the
      information on the web. I don't know what we did 20 years ago! Best
      of luck to ya! You'll love this group! Make sure you read all the
      information given by the people in this group. They're pros and know
      what they're doing.
      Pam Marks

    • ChoirGirl2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18, 2008
        Amy, I've never tried this, but it's worth experimenting with the tube sizes.
        Anyone who HAS done this, feel free to chime in.

        How I see it... you need a number of pegs that is BETWEEN those on the flower loom and the one on the Round Blue loom.

        There's nothing out there that says you HAVE to use every peg on a round loom when you're doing a tube.

        What if you skipped every other peg when you do your e-wrap?

        Has anyone tried this?

        Marie

        In a message dated 8/18/2008 9:23:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tpmarks2002@... writes:

        The best thing I could tell you, Amy, is to do a google (yahoo,
        whatever) search for round looms. You will not believe the websites
        that can help you out. There are a ton! Thank God for all the
        information on the web. I don't know what we did 20 years ago! Best
        of luck to ya! You'll love this group! Make sure you read all the
        information given by the people in this group. They're pros and know
        what they're doing.
        Pam Marks

        > I haven't purposely just been lurking -- life has just been busy
        busy!

        > Hi! I'm Amy. I'm a WAHM of 3 - 8, 5, and almost 2. I am a new loom
        > knitting addict!
        >
        > I do have a question to go along with my intro. Is there a look that
        > is in between the flower loom and the smallest (is it blue?) KK? I
        > really want to make some baby leggins for my little one, and the
        > flower loom is too little, yet the blue loom is simply too big.
        >
        > Thanks for your help, and for the wonderful group!
        >
        > Amy

      • kbt76
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2008
          i actually made a VERY small tube just using the end peg and 1st two on
          each side of the long orange loom. (my finger wouldn't even fit..lol)
          so- i would assume you could just do what was mentioned above and not
          use all the pegs on the round loom, or do what i did and not use them
          all on the long rectangular looms....i think it might be EASIER on the
          long looms because then the yarn won't stretch out allthe way around
          the loom.... does this make sense? hope so.... :) kyla