completed two hats

  • gonzosmom
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2008
      OK, I've done two hats on my knifty knitter looms. I'd love to learn
      more stitches and find info on other things that I can make. The
      obvious thing is leg warmers but since we don't have any dancers in
      this family, I'm about 25 years too late for that to be practical!

      One thing I found, the second hat I used a thinner yarn. Wrapping it
      once made a really open pattern, wrapping it twice made it very tight
      on the pegs no matter how loose I tried to start it. It worked into a
      very nice soft, fluffy hat but sure was hard on the hands!

      Amy
    • Shelly Caldwell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008

        Amy,

        Shelly C

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008
          Do you have Isela's book?  I've been working my way through the stitches in there.  I'm sure they are available online on YouTube also.  I tried the chunky braid stitch last night for a whole hat and my hands were ready to fall off--I hat to stop at a kid's size because the stitches were so hard to knit off.  I moved from hats to flat panels, but find I can make those faster with needles.

          Susan

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008
            >One thing I found, the second hat I used a thinner yarn.  Wrapping it
            >once made a really open pattern, wrapping it twice made it very tight
            >on the pegs no matter how loose I tried to start it.  It worked into a
            >very nice soft, fluffy hat but sure was hard on the hands!

            I've never had trouble with it being too tight, but I wrapped all the way
            around, and then a second time around instead of around each peg
            twice separately.

            ~Cathy Turner

            FREE  Animations for your email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!
          • Amy Murphy
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 5, 2008

              Thanks everyone for your replies!  I don’t have Isela’s book (yet) but I did pick up a little short book last night that has a few different stitches and projects.  I started a popcorn bobble hat last night.  I’ll request the bigger book for my birthday next month.  That’s realistic: my middle daughter has her Court of Awards today and I’ll probably be spending the next while sewing badges onto her Brownie vest.

              Off to join the loom class group. I am so enjoying loom knitting!  I did see some of Isela’s videos on youtube.  She makes it look so easy.

              Amy