Loomers!

  • Debra
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008
      http://journals.aol.com/dkb11161970/DebrasDose/
      I do sometimes post pix of various projects and such, some are related
      to looming, crochet, knit, and other crafting. I just posted two pix
      of a new project i started last night. i'm using the purple
      rectangular knifty knitter provocraft and lion's brand jiffy yarn
      (both are avail at wal-mart) in heather blue to make some panels to
      make an afghan for my friend who is marrying next month. please take
      a look-see and let me know what ya think! grins, debra
    • Belinda Tinsley
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2008
        hi,

        so how did you get the even edges?!!  when i do it it stink! Yours looks fantastic. So share the method please.
        Belinda

        Debra <dkb1116@...> wrote:
        http://journals. aol.com/dkb11161 970/DebrasDose/
        I do sometimes post pix of various projects and such, some are related
        to looming, crochet, knit, and other crafting. I just posted two pix
        of a new project i started last night. i'm using the purple
        rectangular knifty knitter provocraft and lion's brand jiffy yarn
        (both are avail at wal-mart) in heather blue to make some panels to
        make an afghan for my friend who is marrying next month. please take
        a look-see and let me know what ya think! grins, debra

        OMG, Sweet deal for Yahoo! users/friends: Get A Month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. W00t

      • Debra
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2008
          Hi, Belinda!

          I've tried various casting-on methods but the one that I prefer yields
          a nice firm, even edge. It's a simple small twist on the basic
          figure-8 wrap. The figure-8 wrap is one of the first fundamental
          wraps most instructional booklets reference, so I won't describe that
          here. The difference is this: after you cast on the initial first
          length of the loom, but before you wrap the return row; extend the
          yarn from the last peg wrapped to the first one wrapped. I'll post a
          pic to my journal, so that you can see what I mean! There are several
          folks in several groups who have asked, and rather than post pictures
          in each group's files; I'll just use my journal's format! Thanks so
          much, have a great week, Debra