Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Oven mitts?

  • Medsgtcsa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2008
      You know, I would try a fabric meant for heat...I have made rugs and purses out of strips of fabric on the loom...but as much trouble as it would be to find the fabric...I would probably buy them instead!  I used plain cotton fabric, made strips about 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide and double knit it...it was very heavy once it was made up, and would have been at least heat resistant...like quilted oven mitts.  Maybe some leftover wool fabric?

      Good Luck!  Carole

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2008
        when i made mine i made them with the the glove pattern some where on the roundlooms page under links i make these and give them out at the local church i attend
        i used wool and cotton yarn together the wool yarn was bulky the cotton was reg ply cotton yarn
        i also use the long looms and made square ones
        i made tow squares and them crochet them to gether with wool on one side and cotton on other or wool on both sides
        hope this helps
        god bless and good luck
        victoria