Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] OT:mosquitoes & listerine

  • Rhea Behlke
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2008
      Take an empty soda bottle and put a few inches of sweet liquid in it - beer works well - and a few drops of liquid dish soap.  Set it a short distance away from where you are eating.  The bees crawl inside to get to the liquid and have a hard time getting back out the narrow opening.  The liquid soap weights their wings  and they can't fly.  When you are done, just screw the cap back on an dispose.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2008
        For bees to keep them away put a fabric softener cloth in you pocket
        and it will keep the bees away. My hubby is allergic and we went to a
        picnic and I had him put one in his pocket. Everyone was bugged but him.
      • Mary Jeanne
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2008
          Yea snopes does say this is false but they also say the one with
          drier sheets is false also. The problem is they say to use Deet
          products and if you have ever checked out deet you would know it is a
          toxic product they are saying to use. Your body absorbs this and you
          can get sick, people have gotten sick from it.

          There are some natural products that will work, but you should check
          out the online natural stores for more information. Like around here
          we have lots of wild animals coming around and there are some natural
          things we use to kill things like fleas, ticks, and other creatures.
          Does it work, well I have watched it drop ants in their tracks, but
          you have to spray it directly on them.

          Still there are other things. Just check it out, but take care, kill
          all the bugs around and you will soon see plants, grass, and trees
          becoming unhealthy. Along with the bad bugs you kill the good bugs.

          MaryJeanne

          --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Medsgtcsa@... wrote:

          > Sorry, everyone...but the urban legend reference page
          www.snopes.com gives this a nope, not true.? You can look it up
          yourself, but with the increase in blood-mosquito bourne diseases, I
          am not taking any chances.