CP: My projects

  • Mavis in MO
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2007
      I'm coming out of lurkdom, and gathering up my courage. I have posted
      pictures of a couple of my projects on flickr.I'm working on some more
      things, and hopefully I'll get them uploaded when they're done. I've
      made a few other things, but I gave them away before taking a picture.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/21430215@N07/?saved=1
    • dewittnancy
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2007
        Nice projects.. all of them look great.. that is more than I can say for myself. all I have made is one hat and a few scarfs... I just can't seem to get into the loom knitting .. hugs.. Nancy
        I'm coming out of lurkdom, and gathering up my courage. I have posted
        pictures of a couple of my projects on flickr.I'm working on some more
        things, and hopefully I'll get them uploaded when they're done. I've
        made a few other things, but I gave them away before taking a picture.

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/21430215@N07/?saved=1

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:ROUNDLOOMS-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:ROUNDLOOMS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Lynch Family
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 5, 2007
          do you have a pattern for that purse?

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/ROUNDLOOMS /

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/ROUNDLOOMS /join

              ROUNDLOOMS-unsubscr ibe@yahoogroups. com

              http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

        • moonflower59@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 11, 2007
            I have tried and tried to get into loom knitting.  I had been an avid knitter for 45 years before I had two strokes in 2003 that left me with quite a few difficulties. I saw a loom knitter on tv somewhere and figured I could most liekly be able to use THAT instead of the two needles method.

            I went to JoAnne's fabrics and bought ALL the looms---from the itty-bitty one to the gigundo one and several in between I was going to be SET for the long upstate NY winter, haha! Well... I bought this beautiful  yarn in pale blue and pale orchid shades and I began with a poncho, which I ripped out several times and started over. I broke three of those purple hooks...and as LOOSE as I TRY to knit, I end up with the yarn so tight that I can't even get ot over the peg without a struggle!

            I am SO discouraged because for the life of me---I just don't know WHAT I am doing wrong!  Help! Does anyone else have this problem?

            hugs,
            Annie

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 12, 2007
              Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] CP: My projects
              Don't give up hope, Annie!  It might be the yarn...if it doesn't have enough 'give' in it to stretch a bit.

              I have that problem with chenille yarns, so I don't do anything but the single knit stitch with them, and very loose looping.  Trying to lift one loop over two just isn't going to be supportable after a few rows.

              But it's the yarn, not you!  Try using a wool or wool blend...

              Good luck

              --

              Cheryll
              mine: http://www.where-i-am-right-now.blogspot.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 13, 2007
                Thanks for your reply Cheryll! I will have to try this after the holidays....my budget for new yarn is hopeless for the time being!

                I did try and knit the regular way with needles, and I was able to do more than I thought I would. When I got home from rehab from my second stroke, I could not even hold them to make a proper stitch. I must have gained some strength back because I was able to do a few rows. It's slower going...but it can be done!

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 14, 2007
                  >I broke three of those purple hooks...and as LOOSE as I TRY
                  >to knit, I end up with the yarn so tight that I can't even get ot
                  >over the peg without a struggle!
                  >
                  >I am SO discouraged because for the life of me---I just don't
                  >know WHAT I am doing wrong!  Help! Does anyone else
                  >have this problem?
                  What kind of stitches are you using?  The flat stitch is *really*
                  tight, but the e wrap is much looser.

                  ~Cathy Turner

                  Free Christmas Animations for your email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!
                • moonflower59@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 18, 2007
                    I feel foolish but I do not honestly KNOW what stitch I was using. (blush) I e-wrapped around the loom twice and worked around in a clockwise manner. I never got any more than five or six rows completed because they got too tight to do anything with!

                    Annie

                    What kind of stitches are you using?  The flat stitch is *really*
                    tight, but the e wrap is much looser.

                    ~Cathy Turner

                    >I broke three of those purple hooks...and as LOOSE as I TRY
                    >to knit, I end up with the yarn so tight that I can't even get ot
                    >over the peg without a struggle!
                    >
                    >I am SO discouraged because for the life of me---I just don't
                    >know WHAT I am doing wrong!  Help! Does anyone else
                    >have this problem?
                    Free Christmas Animations for your email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!

                  • orchard130
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 19, 2007
                      The thing I tell myself to make loom knitting work is that the actual
                      knitted fabric falls off the back of those pegs. So, the stitch that
                      you make with each peg must happen behind the peg, i.e., toward the
                      inside of the circle of pegs. I give each stitch a tug from behind or
                      below (tugging on the knitted fabric), or a push back on its sides
                      with the knitting tool until the only yarn showing from the outside
                      of the circle is that across the front of the peg - no visible sign
                      of the "action" going on behind the peg sneaking toward the front.
                      It's like needle knitting, really - you have too tight a stitch on
                      needles if the knitting isn't falling down below the needle, i.e.,
                      you've got to see only the single loop of yarn around 90% or so of
                      the needle. I hope this makes sense. Obviously, to do this you've got
                      to do each stitch individually and in order - like needle knitting.
                      While you might be able to get away with more stitches wrapped and
                      knitted over using e-wrap rather than knit and purl, I find that my
                      looming gets too tight if I do more than about three
                      without "tugging."

                      The Central New York winter is already in full freeze where I live.
                      Yes, we do need something to get us through!

                      Evie

                      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, moonflower59@... wrote:

                      > I have tried and tried to get into loom knitting.? I had been an
                      avid knitter for 45 years before I had two strokes in 2003 that left
                      me with quite a few difficulties. I saw a loom knitter on tv
                      somewhere and figured I could most liekly be able to use THAT instead
                      of the two needles method.

                      > I went to JoAnne's fabrics and bought ALL the looms---from the itty-
                      bitty one to the gigundo one and several in between I was going to be
                      SET for the long upstate NY winter, haha! Well... I bought this
                      beautiful? yarn in pale blue and pale orchid shades and I began with
                      a poncho, which I ripped out several times and started over. I broke
                      three of those purple hooks...and as LOOSE as I TRY to knit, I end up
                      with the yarn so tight that I can't even get ot over the peg without
                      a struggle!

                      > I am SO discouraged because for the life of me---I just don't know
                      WHAT I am doing wrong!? Help! Does anyone else have this problem?

                      > hugs,
                      > Annie

                    • Mary Jeanne
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 20, 2007
                        I might be wrong but it sounds like you are wrapping a row of
                        stitches wrong. This has been a common problem till one finds out it
                        is wrong.

                        What happens is this, there is an e to the wrap. That is the shape
                        you get when you wrap around a peg. The trick is that crossing of
                        the yarn that makes the e must, I repeat must, be to the inside of
                        the loom.

                        As loom is sitting flat, with a stitch wrapped around it, look to
                        make sure that none of the stitches have the yarn crossing to the
                        outside of the loom.

                        What happens when you cross the yarn to the outside is that the
                        stitches get so tight that you cannot knit off and you sometimes
                        break pegs.

                        So first look to see if this could be the problem since it is the
                        most common cure. If you are getting "all" the yarn crossings to the
                        inside of the loom (the back side of the peg opposite of the groove),
                        the post back. Try sitting down and working on a loom a little and
                        watching what you are doing.

                        Visiting Iselas videos will also be of help if you can view videos:
                        http://www.loomknit.com/

                        MaryJeanne