Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] scarf

  • Marilyn Christine
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 28, 2005
      it is very pretty- I just got my looms today after looking for months in the city closest to us- they are just 4 round ones different sizes and I don't have a clue yet what to do but I am looking forward to learning- i did spool knitting as a kid- what is special about the figure eight- and what does it do as opposed to the plain circle?
      "praying for you"!
      Marilyn Christine(canada)
       Jesus Loves You!
      God's love is like a circle: never-ending.
      {{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 28, 2005
        I don't know much about the looms cause I just got mine on saturday.but from what I've been finding on the net ,there is more than the figure 8 which is what the long loom says to do..

        Chaplain Cheryl
             USCOC    ICA
      • cheryl
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 28, 2005
          thanks Pam..it does look better off the loom than it did while working on the loom...let's see what my next one comes out like..
        • Fletcher Martha
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 1, 2005
            It looks great!
            The single ply looks like it makes it soft and
            wrap-able.

            Martha
            Randallstown. MD

            --- cheryl <cardmaker_cs@...> wrote:

            > here is my first knifty knitter project,it's a
            > scarf...

            > Chaplain Cheryl
            > USCOC ICA
            > Manna Fellowship of New york

            =====
            "If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished."

            Here's my Home Business-I finish craft and needlework kits you haven't time for-
            http://www.darningegg.com/

            Here's my SCA Website-
            http://www.speakeasy.org/~mefletcher/LadyMartelleVonCharlottenburg.html

            Visit my Diary! Yes it's true I have one too!-
            http://martel.diaryland.com/index.html

            LbNA - P0/F2/X0/HH1/FF0
          • cheryl
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 1, 2005
              yes it's soft very soft..thats why I was wondering if a shawl could be made on a loom../

              Chaplain Cheryl
                   USCOC    ICA
            • Fletcher Martha
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 1, 2005
                I've seen figure 8 shaped looms that are big enough to
                make a flat rectangular shawl or an afghan.

                Martha

                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 1, 2005
                  i wonder if they do like 2 panels or just a longer scarf?

                  Chaplain Cheryl
                       USCOC    ICA
                • Randi Fortuin
                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 1, 2005
                    This looks beautiful!!!! Congratulations! Randi

                    --- cheryl <cardmaker_cs@...> wrote:

                    > here is my first knifty knitter project,it's a
                    > scarf...
                    > I didn't know how to use it so I used 1 stand of 4
                    > ply yarn..used the figure 8 pattern..
                    > I also added an album and put it in there...
                    >

                    > Chaplain Cheryl
                    > USCOC ICA
                    > Manna Fellowship of New york
                    >

                    > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/pjpeg name=first scarf
                    knifty knitter.JPG

                    =====

                    Get Paid to Read Email http://www.internettaxhelper.com/g.o/angelspiri

                    Click below to join SixQuestions:
                    http://www.sixquestions.com/ImAFriend.asp?me=7089

                    If what you seek you find not within yourselfYou will never find it without.Inanna

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • cheryl
                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 1, 2005
                      Randi it turned out better than I thought it looked while I was working on it..
                    • amoonsinger
                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 1, 2005
                        Hi,

                        I have two looms that are board ones large enough to do shawls and
                        afghans. There are several makers of these. I got mine from
                        CinDWood Crafts:
                        http://www.cindwoodcrafts.com/catalog.php?type=0 I have the 36"
                        afghan loom, the oval 77 peg loom (works like the round ones), and
                        the small S curved loom. They are nice looms too.

                        You can also make a shawl on the round looms if you don't mind making
                        them in sections and putting them together. Others have done this.

                        MaryJeanne

                        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Fletcher Martha

                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 1, 2005
                          thanks for the info..I will check the site out...
                        • Mary
                          Message 12 of 21 , Feb 6, 2011
                            I would like to make a scarf with fun fur what loom would you suggest I should use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                            Mary
                          • mom23kidz@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , Feb 6, 2011
                              I would use the pink long loom, that makes a nice size scarf.

                              In a message dated 2/6/2011 2:55:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                              mary880@... writes:

                              I would like to make a scarf with fun fur what loom would you suggest I
                              should use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                              Mary

                            • nancy
                              Message 14 of 21 , Feb 6, 2011
                                Hi Mary.. I used the smallest loom of the knifty knitters.. and I used white
                                worsted weight with the fun fur.. if you don't put something with it you
                                won't be able to see it very well to take if off the pegs.. just my
                                opinion.. hope this helps.. hugs.. Nancy

                                Message 15 of 21 , Feb 7, 2011
                                  I want to thank everyone who answered my question about
                                  A scarf. I will give it a try.

                                  Mary

                                • Dennis Henry
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Feb 15, 2011
                                    How long do you make yours going the longest?

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Feb 16, 2011
                                      Pink long loom. You just new at it?

                                      I would like to make a scarf with fun fur what loom would you suggest I should use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                                      Mary

                                    • yorkiepam57
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Feb 17, 2011
                                        Is that the smallest of long looms? I just made a hat and matching scarf and now hubby wants a hat.
                                        I am going to tackle socks.lol
                                        Pam