RE: [ROUNDLOOMS] Finished Projects on the KK/Dianne

  • Melissa Ruth
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 31, 2007

      Diane-I also loved your woven bag bottom!  Could you share a little about that one too? J

      Melissa

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 31, 2007
        That's exactly how I feel. :)

        Wende

        On 10/31/07, Dawn <dawniedear2000@...> wrote:

        Wow! Dianne,
         I am a newby, joined a couple of weeks ago and have been lurking here in the background. That beautiful blanket brought me out of my lurkdom, did you do that on the round loom?  I have the set and I am an experienced needle knitter but I think the looms have me terrified, I just keep looking at them hoping I will have a light bulb moment (big grin)
        Anyway congratulations the blanket is lovely.

        Regards Dawn in Australia

      • kathleen banfield
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 1, 2007
          Dianne, I love that pinwheel blanket! You got me out of lurkdom, too! I am now considering buying that pattern but I'm not that talented.
          Regards,
          Kathy

          Dianne <dcarroll62000@...> wrote:
          I have just posted pics of two finished projects. The cone bag I just
          finished for my grand daughter for Halloween and the pinwheel blanket I
          finished a month ago but just now posting pic. That is not a real baby
          with the blanket, it is my doll. Yes I still play with them (smile).
          Posted under Dianne's Projects.
          Dianne

          http://nurturingneedles.blogdrive.com
          "A day hemmed in prayer will never unravel"
          http://photos.yahoo.com/katydid12342002/

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Dianne Carroll
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 1, 2007
            Kathy you flatter me but talent has nothing to do with it; the pattern is so good it makes  itself.  Try it.

            Dianne

            Dianne, I love that pinwheel blanket! You got me out of lurkdom, too! I am now considering buying that pattern but I'm not that talented.
            Regards,
            Kathy

            Dianne <dcarroll62000@ yahoo.com> wrote:

            I have just posted pics of two finished projects. The cone bag I just
            finished for my grand daughter for Halloween and the pinwheel blanket I
            finished a month ago but just now posting pic. That is not a real baby
            with the blanket, it is my doll. Yes I still play with them (smile).
            Posted under Dianne's Projects.
            Dianne

            http://nurturingnee dles.blogdrive. com
            "A day hemmed in prayer will never unravel"
            http://photos. yahoo.com/ katydid12342002/

            Do You Yahoo!?
            http://mail. yahoo.com

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Dianne Carroll
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 1, 2007
              Wende, if I can do it you can.  Get looming girl.
              hugs,

              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 1, 2007
                Melissa there is a little story about that bag.  I made the bag in Loom Class, (the pattern is free to members) and I think they are about to make it again this month.  Well I made it, took the class to learn to line it (Loom Class) and then my daughter in law who sells homemade wares at booths at festivals, etc. took it and sold it for $65.00.  You could have knocked me over with a feather.  I liked the bag but I would  not have paid $65 but I'm so glad they did.  I was on cloud 9.  She wanted me to make some more things to sell but the strangest thing happened, once I started making things I wasn't as excited as when I gave them to family and friends.  Now that's not saying that I won't make anything to sell again but I think it was the pressure of getting things made on a time frame that bothered me since knitting is my relaxation.  It was a fun bag to make and the woven bottom could be used to make coasters, etc.

                Dianne