convertable mitten - need expert advice.

  • April
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2007
      Ok, I have asked for help on this before and I received many links to for mittens that are either for needles or for the mitten that doesn't have the half fingers. I bought the mitten loom some time ago either from Bev's cottage or annies attic (I forget which) and I really want to make a convertable mitten with the half fingers and I have searched and searched and I can't even find a pattern to BUY. Is this item impossible to make this with a loom?
      I figure I can do the cuff and the palm on the loom. I can do the thumb and the half fingers with the little finger loom, I am not sure how to attach them. and how would I do the hood part of the mitten (the convertable part?). I would like it to be connected fully on the back part of the hand. I am making this for my 18 yr old son who is going to Canada in Dec. (we live in Orlando so not much use for gloves at all)
      April

    • Mary Jeanne
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2007
        I would work to the point where the hood part is to be then working
        in two parts do the rest. You would have to do a couple of rows to
        bring up the palm part so that the hood fits over it properly. Then
        you would work up to the fingers tops and do some short rows to turn
        the work to complete the rest of the hood.

        I haven't done this but this is how it seems like you would have to
        do it.

        MaryJeanne