Finished my first project!!

  • Connie
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2007
      I just finished my first hat last night!!...I'm happy with it but think it's too big!!..I thought I was following the directions, here's what they were...
      I did the 1 over 2 method...
      Knit 45 rows, then brim it and do 45 more rows...It just seems to me that the brim is to big and that 90 rows is pretty big too!!
      Can you tell me about how many rows you do before the brim and how many rows total for an adult hat?

      I posted pictures of the hat on my blog..please take a look.

      Seseni® IncrediDesign

      Newton’s Law® courtesy of Rory Tyger ©2005
      Newton's Law
    • Miki Zulewski
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2007
        The following link: http://www.loomknitting.com/freedownloads/HorizontalStripedHat.pdf will give you the directions on how to make a hat on the loom all the way down from the infant size up to the adult size.  There is a chart as to how many inches each hat should be to fit each different size head.  In addition, there are full color step-by-step instructions on how to make hats.

        I hope this gives you a better idea of how to guage things when making hats.  After awhile it will become second nature to you as to how long to make the brim, etc.

        Happy Loom Knitting!
        Miki in Memphis

        Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.