Hat

  • natesgrandma2
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 12, 2007
      I saw online a picture of a cute hat with a very small brim. I clicked
      on the picture, but could not get the directions. Any help would be
      appreciated. I am currently making the regular ones for humanitarian
      projects, but want to make more for grandkids, etc. Thanks.
    • Della
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 14, 2007
        Where did you see the hat? Can you provide us a link to the pic and
        maybe someone can help you from there.

        Della (Newbie)
        Surfside Beach, SC

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "natesgrandma2" <luckygranny@...>
        wrote:

        > I saw online a picture of a cute hat with a very small brim. I
        clicked
        > on the picture, but could not get the directions. Any help would be
        > appreciated. I am currently making the regular ones for humanitarian
        > projects, but want to make more for grandkids, etc. Thanks.

      • Judith SULLIVAN
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 14, 2007
          It is the blue hat on

          yarngear.com/looms/

          They show it, but no directions.  Thanks for your help. Judie

          wrote:

          > I saw online a picture of a cute hat with a very small brim. I
          clicked
          > on the picture, but could not get the directions. Any help would be
          > appreciated. I am currently making the regular ones for humanitarian
          > projects, but want to make more for grandkids, etc. Thanks.

        • dome-dweller
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 15, 2007
            Judie, if you are talking about the blue hat, or Denim Hat, in the third row from the top, that hat actually has a natural roll up brim. The instructions for the Denim Hat and all the other items pictured on the same page are located by clicking the word "Instructions" just above the pictures, which will take you to this location:
            http://yarngear.com/looms/projects/kkpatterns.htm
            Brenda GA
            http://loomlady.blogspot.com

            Judith SULLIVAN wrote:

            It is the blue hat on

            yarngear.com/ looms/

            They show it, but no directions.  Thanks for your help. Judie
          • Kendra
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 16, 2007
              The instructions are on a clickable link above all of the pictures.
              Anyway, this is just a basic hat (instructions included with the kk's)
              with no brim. The edge just naturally rolls up a bit.

              Kendra

              --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Judith SULLIVAN" <luckygranny@...>
              wrote:

              > It is the blue hat on
              >
              > yarngear.com/looms/
              >
              > They show it, but no directions. Thanks for your help. Judie
            • Miki Zulewski
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 16, 2007
                If you are referring to the hat with the light blue brim and the dark blue top part the way to make that is real easy.

                First you do your regular wrap as you would when you are making a brimless hat.  Depending on the size of the loom you are using, you measure what you have already knitted to see if that will be long enough for a brim.  It is really a matter of taste and eyeballing it to figure out how long you want the brim.  When your brim is long enough, you bring the bottom loops back up on the loom posts. You should have 3 loops on the posts and go ahead and knit around the loom once.  Then change your color to the dark blue and continue knitting as you usually would.  The brim is actually a false brim and cannot be turned down.

                 I have made several of these types of hats and really like them as opposed to the rolled brim ones.

                Best wishes and happy knitting!
                Miki in Memphis

              • Della
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 17, 2007
                  Above the pics at that link you provided, there is a highlighted link for you follow. It says
                  instuctions. I think it is the basic hat. It looks like a simple e-wrap cast on and a gathered
                  top. The length you can probably determine by trying it on as you go. I would use the
                  green kk loom. This hat has a brim that will roll naturally. In the instructions (which are a
                  little vague) it says to use the basic hat pattern.

                  Hope I've helped,
                  Della

                  --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Judith SULLIVAN" <luckygranny@...> wrote:

                  > It is the blue hat on
                  >
                  > yarngear.com/looms/
                  >
                  > They show it, but no directions. Thanks for your help. Judie

                • deliarana
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 23, 2011

                    I have been using looms for several years, but I put them down for a while.  I recently picked them up again and started experimenting with stitch combinations.  I made this hat and was quite pleased with the finished product.   The only problem is I miscalculated the number of pegs needed and it is to big for me to wear.  I am now working on a smaller one.  Here is a link for the pics:

                    I used Lion Brand's Baby's First yarn which is an acrylic/cotton blend.  I used DA Looms small gauge wonderloom (I think that is the name).

                    Delia

                  • Terry Taylor
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 23, 2011
                      Delia,
                      Very nice!  I like the way it spirals!!
                      Terry T

                      I have been using looms for several years, but I put them down for a while.  I recently picked them up again and started experimenting with stitch combinations.  I made this hat and was quite pleased with the finished product.   The only problem is I miscalculated the number of pegs needed and it is to big for me to wear.  I am now working on a smaller one.  Here is a link for the pics:

                      I used Lion Brand's Baby's First yarn which is an acrylic/cotton blend.  I used DA Looms small gauge wonderloom (I think that is the name).

                      Delia

                    • Sue2012
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 23, 2011
                        Do you live near me in So Cal? Can I buy it? We are the big headed family. I love the color too.
                        I want to make a scarf for my daughter with that yarn. I could never match the stitch though.
                        -sue d.

                        On 10/23/2011 4:01 PM, deliarana wrote:

                        I have been using looms for several years, but I put them down for a while.  I recently picked them up again and started experimenting with stitch combinations.  I made this hat and was quite pleased with the finished product.   The only problem is I miscalculated the number of pegs needed and it is to big for me to wear.  I am now working on a smaller one.  Here is a link for the pics:

                        I used Lion Brand's Baby's First yarn which is an acrylic/cotton blend.  I used DA Looms small gauge wonderloom (I think that is the name).

                        Delia

                      • ~Cathy Turner

                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 24, 2011

                            Really nice hats here.. I never made any that fancy .. but guess I should get mine out again and try.. I like the design.. have a nice day.. Nancy from Indiana
                            I have been using looms for several years, but I put them down for a while.  I recently picked them up again and started experimenting with stitch combinations.  I made this hat and was quite pleased with the finished product.   The only problem is I miscalculated the number of pegs needed and it is to big for me to wear.  I am now working on a smaller one.  Here is a link for the pics:

                            I used Lion Brand's Baby's First yarn which is an acrylic/cotton blend.  I used DA Looms small gauge wonderloom (I think that is the name).

                            Delia

                          • Barbara Rucker
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 24, 2011
                              Beautiful Hat!
                            • Becky Martin
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 24, 2011
                                Super cute, D! I'm trying to learn some creative hats, too. Did you create re design yourself?

                              • marilynnfranklin@yahoo.com
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 24, 2011

                                  Love the hat.
                                  Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 24, 2011

                                    Thanks for all of the compliments on the hat.   I did create the pattern and I still have a few things to figure out. I also need to test it on other looms.  That was the first one I made and the spiral design was a nice surprise.  I have also made a flat panel swatch using the stitch and it has a slightly different look but would still make a pretty scarf.  That will be the next project once I finish the smaller hat I am working on now.

                                    Delia

                                    --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "deliarana" <deliarana@...> wrote:

                                    > I have been using looms for several years, but I put them down for a
                                    > while. I recently picked them up again and started experimenting with
                                    > stitch combinations. I made this hat and was quite pleased with the
                                    > finished product. The only problem is I miscalculated the number of
                                    > pegs needed and it is to big for me to wear. I am now working on a
                                    > smaller one. Here is a link for the pics:

                                    > st>
                                    >
                                    > I used Lion Brand's Baby's First yarn which is an acrylic/cotton blend.
                                    > I used DA Looms small gauge wonderloom (I think that is the name).
                                    >

                                    > Delia

                                  • ds
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Oct 24, 2011
                                      I would love this pattern. Please share.
                                      Dori in MO

                                      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Rucker <sunnysc243@...> wrote:

                                      > Beautiful Hat!

                                    • Mizz
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Nov 13, 2011
                                        Love the hat!
                                        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "deliarana" <deliarana@...> wrote:

                                        > I have been using looms for several years, but I put them down for a
                                        > while. I recently picked them up again and started experimenting with
                                        > stitch combinations. I made this hat and was quite pleased with the
                                        > finished product. The only problem is I miscalculated the number of
                                        > pegs needed and it is to big for me to wear. I am now working on a
                                        > smaller one. Here is a link for the pics:

                                        > st>
                                        >
                                        > I used Lion Brand's Baby's First yarn which is an acrylic/cotton blend.
                                        > I used DA Looms small gauge wonderloom (I think that is the name).
                                        >

                                        > Delia

                                      • lady45band
                                        Message 19 of 19 , May 20, 2012
                                          Sorry to be a nuance but I having trouble to do a hat
                                          on the big loom which is pink. The hat I am doing is
                                          from the beginner's guide tO KNITTING LOOM Isela Phelps Book.
                                          Page 38 I have done the brim & the hat body. But when I
                                          came to the crown I couldn't do it, because I don't
                                          understand what to do. I did move the 3rd st to the
                                          next one, but is it the 3rd st from the one with 2 sts on.
                                          I didn't get 12 empty pegs I got 13. Help

                                          Merle