yarn winding center pull - msg sent cross groups

  • ldjones01@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
      Hi all!!
      Sending this to most if not all the loom groups I'm on<G>

      This link came to me today and I thought it was interesting.  I love to wind my yarn into balls-it's relaxing to me.  And as everyone knows-using the end yarn, if the ball is not contained in someway, the ball wil role around somewhat.

      This technique will be fun to try as the beginning yarn comes from the middle of the ball.

      Anyway, thought maybe some of you would enjoy seeing this or maybe some will be interested in trying or using it.

      Have fun!!

      LindaJ

    • dewitt nancy

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
          I love my yarn winder and find it extremely easy to use. Before I
          used it, though, I had an extremely easy way to make center-pull balls of yarn.

          I had a slightly stiff tube that I would use, or a drinking
          straw. Just don't put a kink or bend in the straw. The tube I
          purchased in the model car stuff.

          I would run one end of my yarn through a straw or tiny tube. I
          usually would fasten the yarn with tape to one end. Then I would
          start a ball in my normal manner, keeping the end of the tube <the
          one not taped> as in the center of the ball that was forming. I
          would just wind like normal. The tube or straw would give the yarn a
          straight path from center pull. Once the yarn is all in a ball,
          remove the tape and pull out the tube. You then will have a center pull ball.

          Ann in Arkansas