Re: felting - is it me?

  • Dora Renee Wilkerson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 25, 2007
      Hello Honey,
      I love to felt over soap. What I normal do is take sheep wool and
      wrap it around my soap and then put hot water on it. Rub a Dub Dub for
      a while then keep adding water, keep rubbing. Then once it's ready I
      run cold water over it. It helps shrink the wool I guess.
      You can take diffrent kinds of wool but sheep works well and I get
      it for free. Angora rabbit doesn't work as well..and I like using that
      for other projects anyway.lol
      I have been told that felted soap will make the soap last longer,
      you don't get soap scum on the bottom outside (where you touch) of the
      bar, you can make them all kind of colors, it's like having a wash
      cloth around the soap at all times (which helps remove dirt and dead
      skin better then not having it.), and that it's just a fun and easy
      project to do.
      I felted some with my children a while back and they seemed to like
      it. I like doing projects that we can do together. Keeps them busy and
      we are doing something together as a family (which I hope they will
      look back on years later and think "Mom was cool!" lol..)
      I posted about us felting on my blog. Your more then welcome to
      check it out. It's not the best learning blog on the block so I'd do a
      little google and see what comes up (I have seen some wonderful ones
      out there but can't think of them off hand.) Here is my site just
      incase you want to get a glance at what we did.
      http://bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/2007_03_23_archive.html

      Good luck Honey and give it a try. It's a fun project to do. Oh, don't
      forget you can Kool-aid dye your wool too (that's another fun and easy
      project to do.)

      Dora Renee' Wilkerson
      http://bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Honey Rowland"
      <HoneyNBenNKids@...> wrote:

      > What is felted soap?
      >
      > Honey
      >
      > --
      > Empowered Birth & Beyond
      > Professional Labor Support
      > Amanda Honey Rowland
      > 937-855-3831
      > Ask me about the Dar a Luz Conference!
      > www.daraluznetwork.com

    • April
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 26, 2007
        That is cool. but I don't have any access to sheep. lol