Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] need help please/ATTN: MISSY

  • chet melton
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 28, 2007
      Each is a row.

      Purl 1 row then Knit 1 row = 2 rows.

      Della (Newbie)
      Surfside Beach

      --- Missy <misnbear@...> wrote:

      > Can someone pleae answer a few questions for me. I
      > am new to knifty
      > knitters and a little lost.
      > I am making a baby blanket. It calls for the garter
      > stich which is
      > purl 1 row and then knit 1 row. Does this count a 1
      > or 2 rows. The
      > first section of my blanket is as big (long) as what
      > the whole blanket
      > is to be.
      > Can someone explain the gauge to me. For example on
      > my pattern says 19
      > stiches and 22 rows = 4 inches in Garter stitch. I
      > have no idea what
      > this means.
      > TIA for helping me. I am really enjoying this and
      > finished my first
      > scarf last week.
      > Missy

      Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    • Angela Leath
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 8, 2013
        I made this cowl for my mother-in-law for her birthday:
        I used the largest loom that came in the 4-pack.  For me, it was the yellow large/extra large loom.  I used the Michael's brand yarn, #5, and used 2 strands together to make it extra warn.
        I also made another cowl with the same loom:
        Row 1:  Knit
        Row 2:  Purl
        Row 3:  Knit
        Row 4:  Purl
        then I e-wrapped until it was the length I wanted, then the last 4 rows, I did knit 1 row, purl 1 row, knit 1 row, purl 1 row, so it didn't have a top and bottom, but could be worn either way.  I used the Red Heart Boutique Magical, and it is very pretty yarn.
        The tablet covers:  I have done knit 1 row, purl 1 row, over and over, then a whip stitch/blanket stitch/mattress stick to sew up the edges.  I am sorry, I cannot remember the terminology.  I am not a seamtress.  I also made one using just knit stitch over and over.  I used the purple loom for both of those.  One I used a mohair yarn that I bought at Tuesday Morning, so I am thinking of lining it with felt to make it a bit sturdier.
        My next project is a minion tablet cover for my son.  He is getting a tablet for Christmas from grandma, and he loves Despicable Me.  The link is:
        Good Luck!!!