New member

  • l_m730
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2007
      Hi! My name is Lisa and I am new loom knitting. I have been enjoying
      it a lot and am looking forward to making more than just hats and scarves!
    • a1flower28018
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 12, 2008
        Hi everyone,
        I am a new member from North Carolina.
        I have 3 knitting machines but love useing my round or long looms.
        I now have the Serenity loom. My kids pick them up when they find
        different kinds for me. I had an extra so I put it up for sale on ebay.
        It is amazing how you can do the same e wrap stitch and come up with
        110 inch wide afghan.
        I love it. It is so relaxing to use these kinds of looms. I make up my
        on patterns for lack of patterns on the net.
        Thanks everyone
        Love finding out new info.
        Marcella
      • kittyred53
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 13, 2008
          I also have the Serenity loom. Have you made an afghan with it yet?

          My daughter's first baby (my first grandchild) is due at the end of
          December and I'd like to make a baby's afghan with it, but I have no
          idea how many pegs I should use or how much yarn I'll need to buy.
          Can you or anyone comment? Using this loom would make a very warm
          afghan.

          Thanks in advance,
          Scarlett/kittyred at www.ravelry.com
          http://www.bloggerkittyred.blogspot.com

          --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "a1flower28018"
          <a1flower28018@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          > I am a new member from North Carolina.
          > I have 3 knitting machines but love useing my round or long looms.
          > I now have the Serenity loom. My kids pick them up when they find
          > different kinds for me. I had an extra so I put it up for sale on
          ebay.
          > It is amazing how you can do the same e wrap stitch and come up
          with
          > 110 inch wide afghan.
          > I love it. It is so relaxing to use these kinds of looms. I make up
          my
          > on patterns for lack of patterns on the net.
          > Thanks everyone
          > Love finding out new info.
          > Marcella

        • Gwendolyn Murray
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 13, 2008
            If yours is made like mine or one of the wooden ones?

            I have so many machines and looms I have made something on all of them. I can't seem to stop. I love it.
            My kids buy different kinds for me. I have gotten a collection of different loom and are starting to get them in sets.

            I am selling one on ebay it is the Serenity loom. I have several and can't use them all.

            My daughter just had her baby on the 3rd and she told me to lay off the blankets for a while. LOL
            I guess I made to many. I give them to the neighbors and friends. I make scarfs and give them away also.
            I just can't quit makeing stuff. I found a place where I can get my pick of yarn by the pound price $3. something.
            So I stocked up.

            It depends on the length you want to make I would do a double on the serenity loom like on the long loom that would be wide enough for a baby and it would be a double knit with no wrong side.
            I made one for my daughter and used 6 or 8 skiens mixed colors to match her other stuff.
            The baby was a 8lb 2oz girl.
            Good luck makeing yours it just goes so fast I have to make something else.
            I made a throw and 4 scarfs and a hair tie today. LOL
            That was finished before six.
            Have fun good luck to your daughter with her baby.
            Hugs
            Marcella

            Scarlett/kittyred at www.ravelry.com

            <a1flower28018@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            > I am a new member from North Carolina.
            > I have 3 knitting machines but love useing my round or long looms.
            > I now have the Serenity loom. My kids pick them up when they find
            > different kinds for me. I had an extra so I put it up for sale on
            ebay.
            > It is amazing how you can do the same e wrap stitch and come up
            with
            > 110 inch wide afghan.
            > I love it. It is so relaxing to use these kinds of looms. I make up
            my
            > on patterns for lack of patterns on the net.
            > Thanks everyone
            > Love finding out new info.
            > Marcella

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                mailto:ROUNDLOOMS-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mailto:ROUNDLOOMS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • kittyred53
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 14, 2008
              Hi Marcella,

              I forgot to welcome you to the group so Welcome!

              Yes, my Serenity Loom is just like the one you placed on eBay only
              mine is blue. They are from Hobby Lobby. I am getting quite a
              collection too of knittng looms several of which I've yet to use and
              now I have an Ashford 32"weaving loom on order. When I learn, I can
              also make baby blankets on it as well. Oh, there just isn't enough
              hours in the day and night...

              Thanks so much for your help and info. At least I now have some kind
              of direction on how to start my daughter's baby blanket on this new
              Serenity Loom of mine.

              Thanks also for the good luck for my daughter and her baby that's due
              the end of December. :o)

              All the best to you,

              Scarlett/kittyred at ravelry.com
            • kittyred53
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 14, 2008
                Duh, I guess it's Starr I should be welcoming to the group. I tell
                ya sometimes it's hard to follow these threads...lol

                Scarlett

                --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "kittyred53" <kittyred@...> wrote:

                > Hi Marcella,
                >
                > I forgot to welcome you to the group so Welcome!
                >
                > Yes, my Serenity Loom is just like the one you placed on eBay only
                > mine is blue. They are from Hobby Lobby. I am getting quite a
                > collection too of knittng looms several of which I've yet to use
                and
                > now I have an Ashford 32"weaving loom on order. When I learn, I
                can
                > also make baby blankets on it as well. Oh, there just isn't enough
                > hours in the day and night...
                >
                > Thanks so much for your help and info. At least I now have some
                kind
                > of direction on how to start my daughter's baby blanket on this new
                > Serenity Loom of mine.
                >
                > Thanks also for the good luck for my daughter and her baby that's
                due
                > the end of December. :o)
                >
                > All the best to you,
                >
                > Scarlett/kittyred at ravelry.com

              • gabriele
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
                  Hi, I am fairly new to loom knitting but I love it. I have used the
                  round loom to make an afghan and am now looking for info on how to make
                  a large afghan using an S loom. If anyone has info or pattern, I would
                  appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll just wing it with a variation of
                  knit/purl and a garter edge and hope for the best.
                • dietdutch
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 11, 2011
                    Well don't know what to say. I just happen to pick up a round loom and some yard and can't put the stuff down. Made a hat and then gave the round loom to a pal, who can't put it down. I now have a long (rake) loom and I'm doing the diamond stitch?

                    Hands are starting to stiffen up and though it would be good to try this, so will stop by often.

                    Thanks

                    Greg
                    USA
                  • Steven
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 22, 2011
                      Hi everyone :) I just wanted to drop a note to say hi. I am a 35 year old loom addict from South Wales. I am still in the scarf and hat-making stage, lol, but I have pretty-much every kind of loom you can get already. I look forward to sharing your ideas, and mine.

                      Steve
                    • nancy
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 22, 2011
                        Steve.. welcome to this group.. looming is tons of fun.. I loomeed for quite
                        some time then put them up and am now doing other things.. but I do enjoy
                        looming.. I am Nancy from cold and wet Indiana.. I am looking forward to
                        seeing your loomed projects.... Nancy from Indiana..