uncurl scarves

  • kippers68
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2007
      I just completed my first roundloom project....a simple scarf. It looks great, but how do I
      keep the edges from curling in? Did I do something wrong?
    • chet melton
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2007
        No-you didn't do any thing wrong. You can steam the
        curl out by using a wet hanky and letting your steam
        iron hover over it. A different stitch at the
        beginning and end of each row will stop the curl. But,
        I can't remember if it the knit stitch or the purl
        stitch.

        Della (Newbie)

        --- kippers68 <dhotz@...> wrote:

        > I just completed my first roundloom project....a
        > simple scarf. It looks great, but how do I
        > keep the edges from curling in? Did I do something
        > wrong?

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
      • marie_pintar
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
          If you know how to crochet, you can single crochet all the way around
          the edge one time. I usually do this. Marie

          > --- kippers68 <dhotz@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I just completed my first roundloom project....a
          > > simple scarf. It looks great, but how do I
          > > keep the edges from curling in? Did I do something
          > > wrong?
        • ~LoomyJulie~
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
            Kippers,
            No you didn't do anything "wrong".  You would need to know how to do a purl stitch and do a row in the beginning, the end and on each side.  If you don't know how to purl, go to www.dalooms and click on the tutitorial link on the left side or the video link.

            You can also crochet all around the scarf to help tame the curl

            ~LoomyJulie~
            Shawano, Wisconsin
            My Yahoo Photos: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jbg1760/album

            I just completed my first roundloom project....a simple scarf. It looks great, but how do I
            keep the edges from curling in? Did I do something wrong?

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:

          • deestitching@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
              many thanks  I was wondering how to do this.

              Dee
            • Celine K Wiand
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5, 2007
                Stockinette stitch (all knitting stitches) curls naturally.  If you do a combination of knitting and purling, at least on the borders, it will keep it from curling.  Garter stitch (a row of knits, then a row of purls) works, as does ribbing (alternating between knits and purls, with knits on top of knits and purls on top of purls) or seed stitch (alternating between knits and purls, and putting knits on top of purls and purls on top of knits).

                Celine

                --- kippers68 <dhotz@hotmail. com> wrote:

                > I just completed my first roundloom project....a
                > simple scarf. It looks great, but how do I
                > keep the edges from curling in? Did I do something
                > wrong?

                http://mobile. yahoo.com/ mail

                Don't pick lemons.
                See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.