Re: Dish clothes

  • amoonsinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi,

      Just be sure to use a cotton yarn, the acrylics don't do so well for
      kitchen use. So choose something like the peaches n' cream or sugar
      n'cream which do quite well for kitchen items. Some of my groups
      that have done exchanges insist on a cotton yarn.

      Just work for as many pegs as you want the dishcloth to be wide.
      Then for as many rows as you want it. You need to wrap a bit looser
      with the cotton yarns as they don't have the stretch that the other
      types do. Wrapping to tight will not leave the room for pulling the
      stitches over the pegs.

      When you wrap the peg amounts you want, you simply turn and go back
      in the same direction. Keep going back and forth till the cloth is
      of the size you want and then do a flat crochet hook removal.

      Put an edging around if you want and you have a dishcloth. Now you
      can even change colors for rows if you want something striped.

      MaryJeanne

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "menou1963" <menou1963@y...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone has any one made a dish cloth on a round loom I have
      the
      > knifty kitter looms is there a patteren any ware ? thanks
    • Suzanne
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 12, 2005
        Can you post you pattern for the dishcloth. thanks Dusty

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Dixie" <pixiendixiekatz@y...>