Re: Dish clothes

  • Dixie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2005
      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "menou1963" <menou1963@y...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone has any one made a dish cloth on a round loom I have
      the
      > knifty kitter looms is there a patteren any ware ? thanks

      Hi, I'm new to this group, but, I just finished my "FIRST" project
      and it just happen to be a dish cloth. It was a so easy that I
      decided to tackle the "cuffed hat" and have already gotten 3/4 of the
      way finished with the hat. I absolutely love it. The main thing
      with the dish cloth is to NOT go on to the second row, but reverse
      and go back the other way when you are wrapping. I have my pattern
      at home. If you would like, I would be happy to e-mail it to you.
      However, I'm sure that you can find the same pattern either on this
      site or on the "kniftyknitterlooms" yahoo group. They have a LOT of
      patterns on there and some of the "crafters" have posted pics too.

      Dixie
      Indianapolis, Indiana
    • amoonsinger
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
        Hi,

        Just be sure to use a cotton yarn, the acrylics don't do so well for
        kitchen use. So choose something like the peaches n' cream or sugar
        n'cream which do quite well for kitchen items. Some of my groups
        that have done exchanges insist on a cotton yarn.

        Just work for as many pegs as you want the dishcloth to be wide.
        Then for as many rows as you want it. You need to wrap a bit looser
        with the cotton yarns as they don't have the stretch that the other
        types do. Wrapping to tight will not leave the room for pulling the
        stitches over the pegs.

        When you wrap the peg amounts you want, you simply turn and go back
        in the same direction. Keep going back and forth till the cloth is
        of the size you want and then do a flat crochet hook removal.

        Put an edging around if you want and you have a dishcloth. Now you
        can even change colors for rows if you want something striped.

        MaryJeanne

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "menou1963" <menou1963@y...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone has any one made a dish cloth on a round loom I have
        the
        > knifty kitter looms is there a patteren any ware ? thanks
      • Suzanne
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 12, 2005
          Can you post you pattern for the dishcloth. thanks Dusty

          --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Dixie" <pixiendixiekatz@y...>