[ROUNDLOOMS] new to group

  • judalinecreation@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 23, 2005
      Hello,
      I am new to this. I just finished made my first hat on the round looms. I was just wondering if anyone did made sweater from the round loom. My loom is x large with 40 pegs on it. What is the best size of loom that is good for making sweaters?
      Thanks
      Judaline
    • babyjane55@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
        Hello, I am new to this group. Have been knitting on looms only since june this year,
        and am looking forward to gaining new information. Happy knitting, ya'll, Jane
      • dewitt nancy
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
          Have fun Jane and welcome to the group.. if you need to know anything all you need to do is ask and someone will help... it is a great group.. hugs from Indiana...Nancy
          Hello, I am new to this group. Have been knitting on looms only since june this year,
          and am looking forward to gaining new information. Happy knitting, ya'll, Jane

        • CK
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 11, 2006
            Welcome Jane, glad to have you here.
            What kinds of things do you like to make?
            Christa

            On 10/11/06, babyjane55@... <babyjane55@...

            --
            WWW.BOTHERTHEBIRDS.COM
          • babyjane55@bellsouth.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 12, 2006
              I have been making hats,shawls, purses, scarves----58 hats,2 shawls, 5 scarves and
              6 purses since june. But i want to learn to make socks and to also learn different stitches.
              I also have seen info on recycling plastic grocery bags by weaving into tote bags and would
              like to make some of those also. So far, i am addicted to loom knitting!
              Happy knitting, ya'll, Jane
            • ecvin@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 13, 2006
                i haven't done alot with my looms, just a few hats and scarves, then i got tired of those. i want to try a purse, but just not sure how to start one. do you have any ideas to share like how you made yours? any info much appreciated. thanks. anita

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 23, 2007
                  Hello, I just joined. Seems just as quiet here as on a couple other
                  groups I follow! Everyone but me must be outside enjoying the first
                  day of Fall!

                  I was there for a little while, but can't do much before I have to
                  sit and be quiet. Which is why I'm really enjoying my looms.
                  Started with Knifty Knitter set of round ones, which sat in the craft
                  closet for some years before I was forced to --er, had time..? -- to
                  play with them.

                  Just finished a magic scarf, which is just a smidge too small for me,
                  but fits several other family members just fine, LOL.

                  Also made a lot of chemo night caps with super soft acrylic yarns.
                  They make up SO fast that I forget that I'm feeling invalid being
                  forced to sit instead of run around doing...:)

                  What I never realized before is how many different versions of looms
                  there are! I'm thinking of getting one of the wooden round ones with
                  smaller spacing than the KK, just for making magic scarves...

                  Looking forward to hearing about what others are doing with them!

                  cheryll
                • Mary Jeanne
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
                    Certain times of the year are busier then others, but they pickup.

                    I am mostly working other crafts. I have several tunisian crochet
                    projects going, a couple of cro-hooked pieces, and a broomstick lace
                    piece.

                    Still I do have projects on the loom. The current thing I have been
                    doing with looms is working at figuring out how to do some built in
                    shells for hat edges.

                    MaryJeanne

                    --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Cheryll <cheryll@...> wrote:

                    > Hello, I just joined. Seems just as quiet here as on a couple
                    other
                    > groups I follow! Everyone but me must be outside enjoying the
                    first
                    > day of Fall!
                    >
                    > I was there for a little while, but can't do much before I have to
                    > sit and be quiet. Which is why I'm really enjoying my looms.
                    > Started with Knifty Knitter set of round ones, which sat in the
                    craft
                    > closet for some years before I was forced to --er, had time..? --
                    > play with them.
                    >
                    > Just finished a magic scarf, which is just a smidge too small for
                    me,
                    > but fits several other family members just fine, LOL.
                    >
                    > Also made a lot of chemo night caps with super soft acrylic yarns.
                    > They make up SO fast that I forget that I'm feeling invalid being
                    > forced to sit instead of run around doing...:)
                    >
                    > What I never realized before is how many different versions of
                    looms
                    > there are! I'm thinking of getting one of the wooden round ones
                    with
                    > smaller spacing than the KK, just for making magic scarves...
                    >
                    > Looking forward to hearing about what others are doing with them!
                    >
                    > cheryll

                  • Jane Stotmeister
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 16, 2007
                      Hi I am so happy to be a part of your group. My name is Jane and I
                      live in Wausau wisconsin. I have all sorts of looms and I love to make
                      afghans,scarves, and hats. Some of the stitches I am still trying to
                      learn. I am looking forward to meeting all of you.
                      Thanks
                      Jane
                    • Cheryl
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 16, 2007
                        Hi Jane,welcome to the group.

                        LOOM_KNITTER / CHERYL

                        Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
                      • jennifer menges
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 16, 2007
                          Hi Jane!!!

                          I go through Wausau every weekend!! I live in Minneapolis MN but I have a cabin on little Silver lake in Wild Rose WI. I also grew up in Oconomowoc WI.

                          Welcome to the group!!!

                          I rock the loom!
                          See for yourself!
                          http://punkrockpurlgurl.blogspot.com/

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 16, 2007
                            Welcome to the group Jane. We are happy to have you
                            join us. I also am from WI, the Eau Claire area.
                            Welcome and happy looming.

                            Sharon

                            --- Jane Stotmeister <jstotmeister@...> wrote:

                            > Hi I am so happy to be a part of your group. My name
                            > is Jane and I
                            > live in Wausau wisconsin. I have all sorts of looms
                            > and I love to make
                            > afghans,scarves, and hats. Some of the stitches I am
                            > still trying to
                            > learn. I am looking forward to meeting all of you.
                            > Thanks
                            > Jane

                          • tobyshaggy2
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 5, 2012
                              HI
                              I am excited to be here. I live in central Florida and have three daughters and two grandsons. I have been "looming" for quite some time.
                              So far I have made hats (plenty of them), and scarves (plenty of them).
                              IN fact so many of them my daughters don't want any more! Then I began making them for charity. Right now I am tired of making them..:)
                              I bought the sock loom from JoAnns and have made several pairs of socks. I recently bought the sock loom from Michaels and looks like it will be more comfortable to work with. I have started making
                              prayer shawls and baby blankets for the local hospital now. None of my Knifty KNitter looms would work (for length) so I just ordered the universal loom from CinDwood's. I want to make them figure 8 wrap but they have a 25 inch requirement for width on the shawls and blankets. Does anyone know how many stitches I have to figure 8 wrap on the 1/2 spaced pegs out of two strands of worsted weight to get 25 inches?
                              Would love to hear what everyone is working on now! It really inspires me to see what others have made.
                              Susan