Question again

  • Marcela
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 24, 2006
      Hi everybody,

      On Friday I joined this group and posted the following question, and I¹m
      hoping somebody can help me:

      Does this group have members that work with the flower loom? If not, do you
      know
      which group I should join?

      Thank you.

      Marcela

    • helbi martins
      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 24, 2006
        Hi, Marcela.

        What kind of help you need? I don't work it, but if you ask me, I'll hunt for anybody knows about. This site below have a "roseta" or flower loom technic tutorial, but is in portuguese.
        look at http://tearmanual.plugin.com.br/tear_flor.pdf

        I hope it help you, ok?

        Helbi

        Marcela <dominguezmar@...> escreveu:
        Hi everybody,

        On Friday I joined this group and posted the following question, and I¹m
        hoping somebody can help me:

        Does this group have members that work with the flower loom? If not, do you
        know
        which group I should join?

        Thank you.

        Marcela

      • bricore04
        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 25, 2006
          Hello Marcela,
          I have a flower loom and have made a couple flowers off of it. I
          haven't made a project just with it tho. It does make pretty flowers.

          Dora Renee' Wilkerson.
        • dewitt nancy

            Message 5 of 28 , Sep 25, 2006
              Is, your question about projects with the flower loom or how to wrap
              the loom to make the flower itself?
            • Mary Jeanne
              Message 6 of 28 , Sep 25, 2006
                You can check out some uses for the flower loom here:
                http://www.provocraft.com/products/index.products.php?cl=knifty%
                20knitter ( http://snipurl.com/x4fy snipped for the same area)
                or
                http://www.provocraft.com/projects/kniftyknitter/friendzie.scarf.html
                ( http://snipurl.com/x4g0 )
                or
                http://www.provocraft.com/projects/kniftyknitter/baby.mitts.html (
                http://snipurl.com/x4g3 )

                This is called a flower loom but isn't just for flowers. Don't let
                the name they gave it fool you. Also you can use any small loom
                from other vendors the same way. In fact you could make really
                small flowers by using some of the thumb looms that are produced for
                mittens.

                MaryJeanne

                --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Marcela <dominguezmar@...> wrote:

                > Hi everybody,
                >
                > On Friday I joined this group and posted the following question,
                and I¹m
                > hoping somebody can help me:
                >
                > Does this group have members that work with the flower loom? If
                not, do you
                > know
                > which group I should join?
                >

                > Thank you.
                >
                > Marcela

              • Marcela
                Message 7 of 28 , Sep 25, 2006
                  Thank you Dora, Helbi, Nancy, and MaryJeanne for all your help regarding my
                  question on the flower loom. Helbi: Thanks for that pdf. My native language
                  is Spanish which helps me in understanding Portuguese so I had no problem
                  reading the document.

                  And Dora, I guess I¹m interested in learning different techniques and
                  exchanging ideas for different projects. I will post a photo later today of
                  the poncho I made with this loom.

                  Thanks once again for all you help.

                  Marcela

                • helbi martins

                      Message 10 of 28 , Sep 25, 2006
                        Hi everybody,

                        I have put some photos in the site of a poncho I made with the flower loom.
                        This is my first project and I hope to make some more.

                        Marcela

                        On 9/25/06 12:29 PM, "helbi martins" <hmartins4114@...> wrote:

                        > Great, Marcela!!! I'm glad you can understand.
                        > Let me know if you do it, showing us your patterns, ok?
                        >
                        > Enjoy it!!!
                        >
                        > Helbi.
                        >
                        > Marcela <dominguezmar@... <mailto:dominguezmar%40gmail.com> > escreveu:
                        > Thank you Dora, Helbi, Nancy, and MaryJeanne for all your help regarding my
                        > question on the flower loom. Helbi: Thanks for that pdf. My native language
                        > is Spanish which helps me in understanding Portuguese so I had no problem
                        > reading the document.
                        >
                        > And Dora, I guess I¹m interested in learning different techniques and
                        > exchanging ideas for different projects. I will post a photo later today of
                        > the poncho I made with this loom.
                        >
                        > Thanks once again for all you help.
                        >
                        > Marcela

                      • bricore04
                        Message 11 of 28 , Sep 26, 2006
                          Marcela,
                          I am sorry but I didn't see your web address. Could you post it
                          again? I sometimes over look things so I'll go look for it again just
                          incase I did it again.

                          Thanks,

                          Dora Renee' Wilkerson
                          http://bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/
                        • Marcela
                          Message 12 of 28 , Sep 26, 2006
                            Hi Dora,

                            I don¹t have a web address. I posted the photos in the Roundlooms¹s Yahoo
                            site. My photos are under ³Marcela¹s projects².

                            Do you know why it takes so long afeter I send a message for it to reach the
                            group¹s members?

                            Thank you.
                            Marcela

                            On 9/26/06 11:42 AM, "bricore04" <bricore@...> wrote:

                            > Marcela,
                            > I am sorry but I didn't see your web address. Could you post it
                            > again? I sometimes over look things so I'll go look for it again just
                            > incase I did it again.
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            >
                            > Dora Renee' Wilkerson
                            > http://bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

                          • Dome Dweller
                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 26, 2006
                              Marcela,

                              There are a number of different flower looms. Which of these do you have:

                              http://www.knitting-and.com/small-looms/loomsandyarns.htm

                              http://spinblessing.com/item.php?art=21-0218

                              Also, here are some instructions for various looms:

                              http://www.provocraft.com/projects/cha.winter06/raffia.flower.html

                              http://www.provocraft.com/projects/cha.winter06/scarf.html

                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/ladyjulianne/flowerloominst1.jpg

                              http://tinyurl.com/d6jqz

                              http://www.wrights.com/products/featureproducts/bloomloom/bloomloom.htm

                              (Be sure to link on the project links in the lower left corner.)

                              http://www.knitting-and.com/small-looms/index.html

                              (Scroll down to Daisy Looming and follow the links.)

                              Hope this helps.

                              Brenda

                              GA DomeDweller

                              Message 14 of 28 , Sep 26, 2006
                                Gee!!!! WOW!!!! WONDERFULL!!!!

                                Congratulations, Marcela!!!

                                Helbi.

                                Marcela <dominguezmar@...> escreveu:
                                Hi everybody,

                                I have put some photos in the site of a poncho I made with the flower loom.
                                This is my first project and I hope to make some more.

                                Marcela

                                On 9/25/06 12:29 PM, "helbi martins" <hmartins4114@...> wrote:

                                > Great, Marcela!!! I'm glad you can understand.
                                > Let me know if you do it, showing us your patterns, ok?
                                >
                                > Enjoy it!!!
                                >
                                > Helbi.
                                >
                                > Marcela <dominguezmar@... <mailto:dominguezmar%40gmail.com> > escreveu:
                                > Thank you Dora, Helbi, Nancy, and MaryJeanne for all your help regarding my
                                > question on the flower loom. Helbi: Thanks for that pdf. My native language
                                > is Spanish which helps me in understanding Portuguese so I had no problem
                                > reading the document.
                                >
                                > And Dora, I guess I¹m interested in learning different techniques and
                                > exchanging ideas for different projects. I will post a photo later today of
                                > the poncho I made with this loom.
                                >
                                > Thanks once again for all you help.
                                >
                                > Marcela

                              • Dome Dweller
                                Message 15 of 28 , Sep 26, 2006
                                  For some reason, this message never was posted on the list, so I�m sending
                                  it again. I apologize if is shows up twice.

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Sep 27, 2006
                                    I have the knit wit set and one of the plastic "1000 flowers" looms.

[...]

                                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                                  • bricore04
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Sep 27, 2006
                                      I think something was going on with Yahoo because I was trying to post
                                      stuff the other night and it's just now showing up too. I think it
                                      might be working right now but we will see.

                                      Dora Renee' Wilkreson
                                    • Nel Brandwijk
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Sep 27, 2006
                                        hi marcella,
                                        this poncho is so beautifull, where did you get that pattern??
                                        i like to make one too

                                        greetings from holland,\nel
                                      • Wendy Stevens
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Sep 27, 2006
                                          The KnitWit set is really fun. I also got the pompom maker -- another gadget to add to my arsenal, along with my piece of cardboard and an old deck of cards...There is always something, isn't there!?Looming is so cool. W.

                                          Martha <mavans@...> wrote: I have the knit wit set and one of the plastic "1000 flowers" looms.

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Sep 27, 2006
                                            Hi everybody,

                                            Helbi, Nel, Dora, and Washingdishes, I'm glad you liked the poncho.

                                            Brenda, thanks for all the information you sent me. The flower loom I used
                                            is like the Daisy Wheel that sell in Australia (the one I have is from
                                            Argentina, see this link:
                                            http://telarin.com.ar) Mine has a diameter of 2 1/2².

                                            It is a variation of the Knit-wit that Martha mentioned.

                                            It is pretty fast to work with, and so easy.

                                            The person who sells the loom in Argentina taught me how to make it, so I
                                            don¹t have a pattern. It¹s pretty simple, but I had to make 224 flowers. You
                                            can¹t tell in the photos, but along the edges and in the center of the
                                            poncho, there are flowers which are a combination of yarn and ribbon yarn I
                                            guess. I wound the yarn twice in each flower so the flowers would look
                                            fuller. And believe me, you use a lot less yarn than knitting or crocheting.

                                            As for the pattern, once I had the flowers, I joined them and made 2
                                            rectangles with 14 rows of 8 flower each. I will try to take photos of the
                                            instructions I have on how to join the flowers, and you are welcome to ask
                                            me further if they are not clear. I think that in the following site you can
                                            see the shape of the poncho I made, i.e, I joined the end of rectangle A to
                                            a side of the of the rectangle B, and an end of rectangle B to a side of
                                            rectangle A:

                                            http://www.blackberry-ridge/natrgift.htm

                                            Dona, I hope you get to make one for your daughter. It is really fun.

                                            As for the edge, I bought a strip of dyed rabbit fur in Argentina, but I
                                            don¹t know if it¹s available in the U.S.

                                            There are some nice ideas for working with the loom in
                                            http://www.knitwit.com. If anyone is interested, I have a lot more that I
                                            found online.

                                            Marcela

                                          • Mary Jeanne
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Sep 28, 2006
                                              Neat, I looked at this site and find I have every one of the looms
                                              they show there. Well, I have all of these plus others. Do you think
                                              I am loom addicted? Probably.

                                              MaryJeanne

                                              --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Dome Dweller" <dome-dweller@...>

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Sep 28, 2006
                                                There is a yahoo group for the knit wit also.
                                                I've used mine so far to make a scarf and I'm working on a second scarf using it.

                                                that's the group link.

                                                I guess I missed hte post with the poncho, I'll have to go to yahoo, and reread the threads.

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Sep 28, 2006
                                                  We could call you a �blooming loomy� :-)

                                                  Neat, I looked at this site and find I have every one of the looms
                                                  they show there. Well, I have all of these plus others. Do you think
                                                  I am loom addicted? Probably.

                                                • LoomyJulie
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Sep 28, 2006
                                                    Yahoo has been acting up lately...a lot of posts are delayed in a lot of the
                                                    groups.

                                                    LoomyJulie
                                                    Shawano, Wisconsin
                                                    My Yahoo Photos: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jbg1760/album

                                                    loomyjulie@...

                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Sep 28, 2006
                                                      Yes, I like blooming loomy.

                                                      Martha, thank you for that the info on that other group that you sent me.

                                                      Crafty mom, my flowers are round. It's just that when I join them, they turn
                                                      into squares. I'm not sure what you mean when you say your flowers don't
                                                      keep their shape as mine.

                                                      Marcela

                                                    • Marcela
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Sep 28, 2006
                                                        By the way, Martha. The photo¹s of the poncho are in my folder (Marcela¹s
                                                        projects), in the group¹s photo folder.

                                                        Marcela

                                                        On 9/28/06 9:47 AM, "Martha" <mavans@...> wrote:

                                                        > There is a yahoo group for the knit wit also.
                                                        > I've used mine so far to make a scarf and I'm working on a second scarf using
                                                        > it.

                                                        > that's the group link.
                                                        >
                                                        > I guess I missed hte post with the poncho, I'll have to go to yahoo, and
                                                        > reread the threads.

                                                      • quelitadominguez
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Oct 6, 2006
                                                          I'm not sure what happened. I sent this mail more than a week ago, and it only arrived
                                                          today.

                                                          Marcela

                                                          --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Marcela <dominguezmar@...> wrote:

                                                          > Yes, I like blooming loomy.
                                                          >
                                                          > Martha, thank you for that the info on that other group that you sent me.
                                                          >
                                                          > Crafty mom, my flowers are round. It's just that when I join them, they turn
                                                          > into squares. I'm not sure what you mean when you say your flowers don't
                                                          > keep their shape as mine.
                                                          >

                                                          > Marcela

                                                        • lkendallgma
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Feb 25 7:41 AM
                                                            Well, I would upload pictures of recent projects but I don't "have the right to do so.

                                                            ???

                                                            lmk