Chemo cap help

  • mommy_o_2_b
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2006
      My Grandmother has just recently found out that she has cancer, this is
      the second time with the same kind (the last time was 14 years ago and
      she was cured). She has already had three chemo treatments and lost all
      her hair. Someone bought her one of those "no hair day hairy chemo
      caps"(these or made with fun fur types yearn only) and she asked if I
      could make her some more. She loves that there so light and her head
      can breath. The only looms I have so far are the kk round set and the
      purple board. I played around for a while and figured out that a one
      over two stitch gave me the right look, but it's supposed to be done in
      a knit and then turn worn purl side out. My problem is that it's too
      loose at the band. I wound up putting a crochet band around it with a
      matching yearn so it would stay in place. I'm looking for any
      suggestions on how to fix this problem.