Re: Purl stitch -- HELP!!!

  • Colleen
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 7, 2005
      Just checking again to see if anyone can answer my question.
      Is that the "e-wrap" or "flat" purl?
      :-)

      Thanks!

      Colleen

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Colleen" <cavande2@y...> wrote:

      > The video is great!
      > Is that the "e-wrap" or "flat" purl?
      > I'm working on my first prayer shawl and it was recommended that I
      > used the flat knitch stitch and the flat purl stitch. All of the
      > directions I've found say the same thing as you show in your video but
      > doesn't say e-wrap or flat, just purl. It looks to me like a flat purl
      > stitch but I want to make sure before I get too far into the shawl.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > :-)
      >
      > Colleen

    • amoonsinger
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 7, 2005
        Hi Colleen,

        If you click this link:
        http://homepage.mac.com/garyfamily/FiberArts/Menu14.html Then click
        on the mini movies link it will lead you to videos on the cast on,
        the stockinette stitch, the purl stitch and the e-wrap/twisted
        stitch. There are several mini movies here. The purl stitch is done
        as a flat stitch, but there is also a flat knit stitch you can do.

        MaryJeanne