Re: Purl stitch -- HELP!!!

  • qwertyflower
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 6, 2005
      Thanks, very nice videos. Can you do a cast off video?

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Lynn Gary <garyfamily@m...> wrote:
      > I have online mini videos of purling on my website:
      >
      > http://homepage.mac.com/garyfamily/FiberArts/Menu14.html
      >
      > Lynn
      >

      > On Dec 25, 2004, at 6:38 AM, dc4kids2000 wrote:
      >

      > > Hello everyone.  I just went thru the archives of messages for
      this
      > > group hoping to learn how to do the purl stitch so my scarves
      will
      > > lay flat and boy am I confused!!  Could someone help me by
      giving me
      > > very basic instructions on how to do the ewrap purl and the flat
      > > purl stitches and also let me know which is best for blankets and
      > > scarves?  I am new to loom knitting so the more basic and
      detailed
      > > the better.  Thanks to any one willing to help.  Cindy
    • Colleen
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 7, 2005
        Just checking again to see if anyone can answer my question.
        Is that the "e-wrap" or "flat" purl?
        :-)

        Thanks!

        Colleen

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Colleen" <cavande2@y...> wrote:

        > The video is great!
        > Is that the "e-wrap" or "flat" purl?
        > I'm working on my first prayer shawl and it was recommended that I
        > used the flat knitch stitch and the flat purl stitch. All of the
        > directions I've found say the same thing as you show in your video but
        > doesn't say e-wrap or flat, just purl. It looks to me like a flat purl
        > stitch but I want to make sure before I get too far into the shawl.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > :-)
        >
        > Colleen

      • amoonsinger
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 7, 2005
          Hi Colleen,

          If you click this link:
          http://homepage.mac.com/garyfamily/FiberArts/Menu14.html Then click
          on the mini movies link it will lead you to videos on the cast on,
          the stockinette stitch, the purl stitch and the e-wrap/twisted
          stitch. There are several mini movies here. The purl stitch is done
          as a flat stitch, but there is also a flat knit stitch you can do.

          MaryJeanne