Need a good laugh?

  • spunkyloomer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2006
      I attempted my first color work project and made a mess. I started
      with one color and then when I went to the next color I twisted it
      with the first color so there wouldn't be a hole (when going vertical
      with two different colors). I had a lot of yarn draped all over the
      place inside the loom. Is this normal? Is it easier to just knot the
      two colors together (keep cutting and knotting)? There's a picture of
      the "mess" in the new pics posted or the kentuckyspunky album. Does
      this look normal for those of you who've accomplished this. I'd like
      to try some of the charts. I like the hats and things from Kansas but
      I'm afraid of what kind of mess I'd make. Is there anyway someone
      could post a picture of what the inside of their color work looks
      like? I'd appreciate the help. Sorry if anyone has hurt themselves
      from laughing too hard. :)
      Amy
    • Mary Jeanne
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2006
        Hi Amy,

        That is what you are going to get when you skip too many pegs. More
        then two or three will leave such a mess. If you don't want those
        extra long strand the only thing to do is cut and tie or make a
        second plain piece to back the first. This last would be kind of
        difficult for a hat but not impossible for a flat piece.

        Now if you are only skipping two or three pegs cut and tie is not
        necessary. Go here:
        http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4114835 click on the
        loomed hats folder then go to the second page to see pictures of
        hats with one skipped peg and two skipped pegs (there are pictures
        of the inside). This can give you an idea of how it looks with only
        skipping a few pegs.

        MaryJeanne

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "spunkyloomer"
        <spunkybluecat@...> wrote:

        > I attempted my first color work project and made a mess. I started
        > with one color and then when I went to the next color I twisted it
        > with the first color so there wouldn't be a hole (when going
        vertical
        > with two different colors). I had a lot of yarn draped all over
        the
        > place inside the loom. Is this normal? Is it easier to just knot
        the
        > two colors together (keep cutting and knotting)? There's a picture
        of
        > the "mess" in the new pics posted or the kentuckyspunky album.
        Does
        > this look normal for those of you who've accomplished this. I'd
        like
        > to try some of the charts. I like the hats and things from Kansas
        but
        > I'm afraid of what kind of mess I'd make. Is there anyway someone
        > could post a picture of what the inside of their color work looks
        > like? I'd appreciate the help. Sorry if anyone has hurt themselves
        > from laughing too hard. :)
        > Amy

      • nancy dewitt