I'm a real beginner

  • btlady47
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2003
      Just found your group and hoped that you could help me out. I bought
      one of the long wooden looms on ebay and have no instructions at all
      with it. Could someone please help me to get started? I have lots
      of time waiting in car for grandchildren after school and hope that
      this will help me send of that time in useful artistry. I look
      forward to hearing from you all. Thanks, Nanadean
    • basketblessed
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2003
        Hi Nanadean - welcome to knitting without needles! If you bought a
        board with 2 sides to it then there are 2 websites that have
        illustrated instructions on how to wind the yarn & start
        knitting...you can check out www.knittingboard.com or
        www.amishloom.com. If the loom you bought has only 1 side with pegs
        on it then I would say to check out www.bevscountrycottage.com & look
        at her round loom knitting instructions - if you have a 1-sided board
        you will basically knit the same way that you would on a round loom
        except instead of going in a complete circle you will turn around &
        come back down the row of pegs. I hope this helps you...see what
        questions you have after looking at these sites. Good Luck - once you
        get the hang of it, it's VERY addicting! -Diane :0)