Re: Digest Number 501

  • chessie6923
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2006
      Here in Wisconsin I have seen them at Michaels and Ben Franklin. In
      case you are still looking

      Jenny

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "m eddy" <brownielocksn3bears@m...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks ladies for your input regarding the purple loom.
      > Guess, what? I was down for a couple of days due to an awful
      computer virus! I wonder if it was what some of you were all talking
      about? Anyway, we may all have to be a bit careful.

      <brownielocksn3bears@m...<mailto:brownielocksn3bears@m...>>
      <suzannealpha@y...<mailto:suzannealpha@y...>>
      <janetatum@e...<mailto:janetatum@e...>>
      <zeppelin@i...<mailto:zeppelin@i...>>

      <brownielocksn3bears@m...<mailto:brownielocksn3bears@m...>> wrote:
      > > Hi there Ladies! I've checked Michaels, Superwalmart and Joanns for
      > > the purple board without any luck. Does anyone know if Hobby Lobby
      > > carries it? What about on line? I love my kk set, but I'm thinking
      > > more is better! What can you all tell me of the purple kk? What do
      > > you like about it? Is it worth getting?
      > >
      > > All of His Blessings to you!
      > > Monica in the Rocky Mtns. of Colorado

      Service.

      Service.
      Service.
      > > ________________________________
      > >

      > --
      > "God never asked us to be perfect, just faithful"
      > Mother Theresa

      > Message: 3
      > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:18:44 -0000
      > From: "suzannealpha" <suzannealpha@y...<mailto:suzannealpha@y...>>
      > Subject: Re: purple kk board
      >
      > I would ask if they are getting any more in, they may be sold out
      > because of Christmas. The Walmart by me carries all of the KK
      > products and when I went a few days agoa all they had in stock was
      the
      > large yellow KK. If you do a search on eBay you can find them
      there.
      > Also try the Provo Craft web site and Roberts Crafts website. They
      > carry them.
      >
      > suz
      >
      > --- In
      ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com>,
      "lovmykiddos"
      > <brownielocksn3bears@m<mailto:brownielocksn3bears@m>...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi there Ladies! I've checked Michaels, Superwalmart and Joanns
      for
      > > the purple board without any luck. Does anyone know if Hobby Lobby
      > > carries it? What about on line? I love my kk set, but I'm
      thinking
      > > more is better! What can you all tell me of the purple kk? What do
      > > you like about it? Is it worth getting?
      > >
      > > All of His Blessings to you!
      > > Monica in the Rocky Mtns. of Colorado

      > Message: 4
      > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:03:11 -0600
      > From: kazon <kazon1@g...<mailto:kazon1@g...>>
      > Subject: Re: purple kk board
      >
      > Just left my Hobby Lobby in Houston, they have it at mine. Have it at
      > Michaels also. Maybe they are just out at your.
      >
      > Shelia of Texas
      >
      > On 12/31/05, lovmykiddos
      <brownielocksn3bears@m...<mailto:brownielocksn3bears@m...>> wrote:

      > > Hi there Ladies! I've checked Michaels, Superwalmart and Joanns for
      > > the purple board without any luck. Does anyone know if Hobby Lobby
      > > carries it? What about on line? I love my kk set, but I'm thinking
      > > more is better! What can you all tell me of the purple kk? What do
      > > you like about it? Is it worth getting?
      > >
      > > All of His Blessings to you!
      > > Monica in the Rocky Mtns. of Colorado
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Searching for that "Infinitely Indexed Memory Bank." It has
      something I
      > need.

      > Message: 5
      > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:23:54 -0800 (PST)
      > From: Bobbi C <bchus@y...<mailto:bchus@y...>>
      > Subject: Fwd: Re: purple kk board
      >
      > I have ordered looms from Karens, and its great to receive them
      right at my door, and not have to get out to shop around for them!!!!!
      Join her newsletter and get a special discount on your purchases plus
      stay informed on the lastest new items in stock!!! Plus, she will be
      starting another game real soon to win great prizes!!!!

      http://karenscraftsupplies.wahmweb.biz/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=LoomsSpoolandBooks<http://karenscraftsupplies.wahmweb.biz/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=LoomsSpoolandBooks>

      http://www.freeipodcontest.com/?angelsforhope.org<http://www.freeipodcontest.com/?angelsforhope.org>

      > Message: 6
      > Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 00:09:48 -0000
      > From: "Carol L." <callee223@y...<mailto:callee223@y...>>
      > Subject: #1 booklets for knifty knitter
      >
      > I have 16 #1 knifty knitter booklets. I have mailed some out and the
      > postage cost .60. If anyone needs one I can mail one out for the cost
      > of the booklet and postage which would be 1.60. I have a paypal
      account-
      > callee223@y...<mailto:callee223@y...>. Send me your name and
      address. If you need #2 I
      > can get those and mail with you #1,but postage will be 1.00,making
      the
      > total 3.00. Postage to Canada for 2 booklets is 1.35. Let me know
      what
      > you need.
      > Carol

      > Message: 7
      > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 18:29:00 -0600
      > From: "Evelyn Tatum" <janetatum@e...<mailto:janetatum@e...>>
      > Subject: RE: #1 booklets for knifty knitter
      >
      > Hi Carol. I will paypal you the 3.00 for both books. Thanks in
      advance Jane

      received mine and it is beautiful--Mr Brown--a medium brown with gold
      throughtout it!!!
      > Happy Looming,
      > Bobbi C.
      >
      > http://www.bernat.com/getdown/<http://www.bernat.com/getdown/>
      >

      > Please VOTE DAILY:

      http://www.freeipodcontest.com/?angelsforhope.org<http://www.freeipodcontest.com/?angelsforhope.org>

      > Message: 9
      > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:50:08 -0800 (PST)
      > From: Jenn Perry <trgjenna@y...<mailto:trgjenna@y...>>
      > Subject: Re: LINK TO ORDER FREE DISCO YARN
      >
      > I ordered mine so long ago and STILL havent received it Oh well I
      am not going to bother

      > Jenn P
      > My Very own home page
      http://www.ezcafes.com/trgjenna<http://www.ezcafes.com/trgjenna>
      (family pictures and KK designs/pictures)
      > Eugene Oregon
      > We are all God's Children
      >
      > Knifty Knitter Exchange
      > More info:

      > Message: 10
      > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 21:51:04 EST
      > From: baltznoah@a...<mailto:baltznoah@a...>
      > Subject: Re: Digest Number 500
      >
      > Hi, I am very new to round and straight loom knitting am absorbing
      all the
      > great info you all post. I have a variable size round loom that
      can also be
      > used like a small rake loom. I purchased it on-line. Our Hobby
      Lobby does
      > not even carry the Kniffty knitters. I have had one on back
      order for 5
      > months. So gave up and purchased on=line.
      >
      > I am just getting started on a straight piece on a round loom
      using left
      > over cotton yarn and every other peg. Actually will turn out
      quite nice as a
      > dish cloth. My sister is always asking me to supply her with
      these. I know
      > the advice was not to use cotton due to lack of stretch, but I am
      having no
      > trouble when treating it like a bulky yarn.
      >
      > Looking forward to learning lots from all of you.
      >
      > Especially looking for hat patterns that do not fit as closely as
      stocking
      > caps. I do Crochet so hope to embellish some loomed items with
      edging and
      > such.
      >
      > Lynne (baltzloom)

      > Message: 11
      > Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 01:19:09 -0500
      > From: "Theresa Geniole" <nangy8@g...<mailto:nangy8@g...>>
      > Subject: Re: LINK TO ORDER FREE DISCO YARN
      >
      > Thanks!

      hobby<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Knitting+looms&w4=Knifty+knitter&c=4&s=85&.sig=HQyesrKZRMb59nEhTK3cSw<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Knitting+looms&w4=Knifty+knitter&c=4&s=85&.sig=HQyesrKZRMb59nEhTK3cSw>>
      Hobby
      > > and craft
      supply<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Knitting+looms&w4=Knifty+knitter&c=4&s=85&.sig=O8oP1vy0DohnZo3ToeXEBw<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Knitting+looms&w4=Knifty+knitter&c=4&s=85&.sig=O8oP1vy0DohnZo3ToeXEBw>>
      Knitting

      looms<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Knitting+looms&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Knitting+looms&w4=Knifty+knitter&c=4&s=85&.sig=BwV4Mqb2UkmemLHkb_4y9A<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Knitting+looms&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Knitting+looms&w4=Knifty+knitter&c=4&s=85&.sig=BwV4Mqb2UkmemLHkb_4y9A>>
      Knifty

      knitter<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Knifty+knitter&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Knitting+looms&w4=Knifty+knitter&c=4&s=85&.sig=GDIsa3YLRaId24VcKQFzHQ<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Knifty+knitter&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Knitting+looms&w4=Knifty+knitter&c=4&s=85&.sig=GDIsa3YLRaId24VcKQFzHQ>>

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>.

      > > ------------------------------
      > >

      > --
      > "God never asked us to be perfect, just faithful"
      > Mother Theresa

      > Message: 13
      > Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 14:24:08 -0000
      > From: "Cathy Buchanan" <zeppelin@i...<mailto:zeppelin@i...>>
      > Subject: Happy New Year - with a NEW hobby!
      >
      > Good day to everyone. I am a new member to this group and happy
      to be
      > a part of it! My mother brought the Knifty Knitter looms to my home
      > on Christmas day, and taught an imprompto class. 3 of us are
      > now "hooked" and knitting like crazy. I have done 3 scarves and have
      > ordered a book of patterns which includes a sweater.
      > I live in Springfield IL, have two teenagers, and have been married
      > for 20 years. I also weave reed baskets, etch glass, and like to do
      > home improvement stuff.

    • M. C. Warren
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
        Hi all, For those of you who can't find the purple KK knitting board locally, Create For Less has them on sale right now for $6.39
        http://www.createforless.com/flyers/flyerView.asp?FlyerID=589&FlyerPage=4&GCID=C10601x168
        I really like mine, I have 4 of them so that I can have several projects going at once. I like to experiment with stitches and wraps and I don't want to wait to finish a project to try out a new idea. Some knitters complain about how loose the stitches are but k1/2 works well for me.
        Happy Looming,
        Chris (SE Ohio)