patterns

  • highlandheights2
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 30, 2004
      Hi, I am new to this site and the hobby of board knitting. Does
      anyone know where I can find patterns for a sweater? Thanks!
    • highlandheights2
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 30, 2004
        Hi, I am new to this site and the hobby of board knitting. Does
        anyone know where I can find patterns for a sweater? Thanks!
      • Pamela Marks
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 14, 2005
          I am looking for some different patterns.  Any suggestions?  I've been doing this for quite a while now.  I even bought the knifty knitter purple board loom.  D. Saunders?  How about some of your patterns?  How do I make reversible hats and scarves?

          thx,
          pam marks

        • Mary Jeanne
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 15, 2005
            Hi Pam,

            Look in the files section for a pattern to do a reversible hat. I
            have not done any reversible scarves, so I couldn't tell you on that
            one. It is possible that if you wanted to do it something like the
            reversible hat that might work if you figured out what to do to make
            the two ends match, or maybe fringed them.

            MaryJeanne

            --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Pamela Marks <tpmarks2002@y...>
            wrote:

            > I am looking for some different patterns. Any suggestions? I've
            been doing this for quite a while now. I even bought the knifty
            knitter purple board loom. D. Saunders? How about some of your
            patterns? How do I make reversible hats and scarves?

            > thx,
            > pam marks
            >

            > ---------------------------------

          • newdebsue
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 15, 2005
              Hi, Pam. I make my reversible hats on the yellow KK loom.

              For a 2 color reversible hat, knit in the first color until it's as long as you want it
              (I make them long enough to turn up the edge of the finished hat like a cuff),
              then switch to the second color for the same number of rows. Pull up the cast
              on row and put the loops on the pegs, then knit off. You've basically got one
              big cuff. Now cast off and you're done.

              For a 3 color reversible hat, I will cast on with the color I want the brim to be
              and knit 1 row in this color, then switch to the main hat color and knit the
              length of the hat. Switch to the brim color and knit twice as long as you want
              the brim to be (so if you want a 2 inch brim, knit 4 inches in the brim color).
              Switch to the second hat color and knit the same number of rows as you did in
              the main color. Switch again to the brim color and knit one row. Pull up the
              cast on row and put the loops on the pegs, then knit off. You've basically got
              one big cuff. Now cast off and you're done.

              I do the first and last row in the brim color so that I don't get the color from the
              other side showing thru. Look at my photos and you'll see what I mean. On
              the hunter hat, there's a ring of orange on the camo side, and a ring of camo
              on the orange side. That didn't bother me on that hat, but on my black/gold/
              green hat, I didn't want black on the green side or green on the black side.

              I hope this makes sense. If not, let me know and I'll try my best to explain it
              better.

              Happy Looming!
              Deb
              http://community.webshots.com/user/debsueky

              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 16, 2005
                  thank you sooo much.  i'm going to go try it right now!  Whoo hoo!!
                pam

                tpmarks2002@y...> wrote:

                > I am looking for some different patterns. Any suggestions? I've been doing
                this for quite a while now. I even bought the knifty knitter purple board loom.
                D. Saunders? How about some of your patterns? How do I make reversible
                hats and scarves?

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/PTTolB/TM

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • newdebsue
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 17, 2005
                  Please share pictures when you're done!

                  wrote:

                  > thank you sooo much. i'm going to go try it right now! Whoo hoo!!
                • princesstrish00
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 2, 2006
                    I want to make a bunny out of the knifty knitter does anyone know
                    where to find a bunny pattern or any animal patterns.
                  • barbthegasser
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 2, 2006
                      "princesstrish00" <princesstrish00@...> wrote:

                      > I want to make a bunny out of the knifty knitter does anyone know
                      > where to find a bunny pattern or any animal patterns.
                      ------------------------------

                      There is an adorable bunny made from a square of knitted fabric
                      http://heartstringsfiberarts.com/bunny.shtm

                      The Loom version is here...scroll all the way down
                      http://www.loomknitting.com/catalog.php?category=6

                      Barb in NC
                    • barbthegasser
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 2, 2006
                        "princesstrish00" <princesstrish00@...> wrote:

                        > I want to make a bunny out of the knifty knitter does anyone know
                        > where to find a bunny pattern or any animal patterns.
                        Second reply ....first one in cyberpace somewhere.

                        There is a cute bunny made from a knitted square
                        http://heartstringsfiberarts.com/bunny.shtm

                        The Loom version is here
                        http://www.loomknitting.com/catalog.php?category=6
                        Scroll down to the bottom

                        Barb in NC
                      • queen_of_the_heavens2
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 2, 2006
                          here's a real cute one and it's free which always makes it even better.
                          http://www.loomknitting.com/freedownloads/BunnyPattern.pdf.

                          hope it's what you're looking for.

                          ~Kim~

                          --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "princesstrish00"
                          <princesstrish00@...> wrote:

                          > I want to make a bunny out of the knifty knitter does anyone know
                          > where to find a bunny pattern or any animal patterns.

                        • Charron Moczygemba
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 2, 2006
                            Some people have used the same pattern from the Provo Craft snowman, and converted it to a pink bunny. They used the pom poms for added flare
                            -Charron

                            princesstrish00 <princesstrish00@...> wrote:
                            I want to make a bunny out of the knifty knitter does anyone know
                            where to find a bunny pattern or any animal patterns.

                            Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Knitting looms Knifty knitter

                            ---------------------------------

                          • queen_of_the_heavens2
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
                              I seem to be having trouble with the link. I may have copied it
                              wrong. Go to www.loomknitting.com and then go to the freebies and
                              it's at the bottom.

                              --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "queen_of_the_heavens2"
                              <queen_of_the_heavens2@...> wrote:

                              > here's a real cute one and it's free which always makes it even
                              better.
                              > http://www.loomknitting.com/freedownloads/BunnyPattern.pdf.
                              >
                              > hope it's what you're looking for.
                              >
                              > ~Kim~
                              >

                              > --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "princesstrish00"
                              > <princesstrish00@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > I want to make a bunny out of the knifty knitter does anyone
                              know
                              > > where to find a bunny pattern or any animal patterns.

                            • Toni
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
                                The problem with this link is that it has a (.)period at the end of it .
                                Take that off and you will have no problem opening up the pdf file
                                Toni