Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] patterns

  • Carolyn Ranker
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 11, 2004
      Hi,
      You can buy a book from Cindy Alberts and there are lots of items for round
      loom in it at
      http://www.knittinglooms.bigstep.com
      Also, some of the sites like
      http://www.loomroom.com
      and
      http://www.decoraccentsinc.com
      have some round loom patterns.
      Carolyn
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 12, 2004
        Thank you for your quick reply and links. I think I'll start with a
        hat. Being so new at this, that seems like a major project right now!
        Susan

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn Ranker"
        <luckysheltie@c...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > You can buy a book from Cindy Alberts and there are lots of items
        for round
        > loom in it at
        > http://www.knittinglooms.bigstep.com
        > Also, some of the sites like
        > http://www.loomroom.com
        > and
        > http://www.decoraccentsinc.com
        > have some round loom patterns.
        > Carolyn

      • highlandheights2
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 30, 2004
          Hi, I am new to this site and the hobby of board knitting. Does
          anyone know where I can find patterns for a sweater? Thanks!
        • highlandheights2
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 30, 2004
            Hi, I am new to this site and the hobby of board knitting. Does
            anyone know where I can find patterns for a sweater? Thanks!
          • Pamela Marks
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 14 4:23 PM
              I am looking for some different patterns.  Any suggestions?  I've been doing this for quite a while now.  I even bought the knifty knitter purple board loom.  D. Saunders?  How about some of your patterns?  How do I make reversible hats and scarves?

              thx,
              pam marks

            • Mary Jeanne
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 15 7:20 AM
                Hi Pam,

                Look in the files section for a pattern to do a reversible hat. I
                have not done any reversible scarves, so I couldn't tell you on that
                one. It is possible that if you wanted to do it something like the
                reversible hat that might work if you figured out what to do to make
                the two ends match, or maybe fringed them.

                MaryJeanne

                --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Pamela Marks <tpmarks2002@y...>
                wrote:

                > I am looking for some different patterns. Any suggestions? I've
                been doing this for quite a while now. I even bought the knifty
                knitter purple board loom. D. Saunders? How about some of your
                patterns? How do I make reversible hats and scarves?

                > thx,
                > pam marks
                >

                > ---------------------------------

              • newdebsue
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 15 8:45 AM
                  Hi, Pam. I make my reversible hats on the yellow KK loom.

                  For a 2 color reversible hat, knit in the first color until it's as long as you want it
                  (I make them long enough to turn up the edge of the finished hat like a cuff),
                  then switch to the second color for the same number of rows. Pull up the cast
                  on row and put the loops on the pegs, then knit off. You've basically got one
                  big cuff. Now cast off and you're done.

                  For a 3 color reversible hat, I will cast on with the color I want the brim to be
                  and knit 1 row in this color, then switch to the main hat color and knit the
                  length of the hat. Switch to the brim color and knit twice as long as you want
                  the brim to be (so if you want a 2 inch brim, knit 4 inches in the brim color).
                  Switch to the second hat color and knit the same number of rows as you did in
                  the main color. Switch again to the brim color and knit one row. Pull up the
                  cast on row and put the loops on the pegs, then knit off. You've basically got
                  one big cuff. Now cast off and you're done.

                  I do the first and last row in the brim color so that I don't get the color from the
                  other side showing thru. Look at my photos and you'll see what I mean. On
                  the hunter hat, there's a ring of orange on the camo side, and a ring of camo
                  on the orange side. That didn't bother me on that hat, but on my black/gold/
                  green hat, I didn't want black on the green side or green on the black side.

                  I hope this makes sense. If not, let me know and I'll try my best to explain it
                  better.

                  Happy Looming!
                  Deb
                  http://community.webshots.com/user/debsueky

                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 16 2:43 PM
                      thank you sooo much.  i'm going to go try it right now!  Whoo hoo!!
                    pam

                    tpmarks2002@y...> wrote:

                    > I am looking for some different patterns. Any suggestions? I've been doing
                    this for quite a while now. I even bought the knifty knitter purple board loom.
                    D. Saunders? How about some of your patterns? How do I make reversible
                    hats and scarves?

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/PTTolB/TM

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • newdebsue
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 17 3:13 AM
                      Please share pictures when you're done!

                      wrote:

                      > thank you sooo much. i'm going to go try it right now! Whoo hoo!!
                    • princesstrish00
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 2, 2006
                        I want to make a bunny out of the knifty knitter does anyone know
                        where to find a bunny pattern or any animal patterns.
                      • barbthegasser
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 2, 2006
                          "princesstrish00" <princesstrish00@...> wrote:

                          > I want to make a bunny out of the knifty knitter does anyone know
                          > where to find a bunny pattern or any animal patterns.
                          ------------------------------

                          There is an adorable bunny made from a square of knitted fabric
                          http://heartstringsfiberarts.com/bunny.shtm

                          The Loom version is here...scroll all the way down
                          http://www.loomknitting.com/catalog.php?category=6

                          Barb in NC
                        • barbthegasser
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 2, 2006
                            "princesstrish00" <princesstrish00@...> wrote:

                            > I want to make a bunny out of the knifty knitter does anyone know
                            > where to find a bunny pattern or any animal patterns.
                            Second reply ....first one in cyberpace somewhere.

                            There is a cute bunny made from a knitted square
                            http://heartstringsfiberarts.com/bunny.shtm

                            The Loom version is here
                            http://www.loomknitting.com/catalog.php?category=6
                            Scroll down to the bottom

                            Barb in NC
                          • queen_of_the_heavens2
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 2, 2006
                              here's a real cute one and it's free which always makes it even better.
                              http://www.loomknitting.com/freedownloads/BunnyPattern.pdf.

                              hope it's what you're looking for.

                              ~Kim~

                              --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "princesstrish00"
                              <princesstrish00@...> wrote:

                              > I want to make a bunny out of the knifty knitter does anyone know
                              > where to find a bunny pattern or any animal patterns.

                            • Charron Moczygemba
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 2, 2006
                                Some people have used the same pattern from the Provo Craft snowman, and converted it to a pink bunny. They used the pom poms for added flare
                                -Charron

                                princesstrish00 <princesstrish00@...> wrote:
                                I want to make a bunny out of the knifty knitter does anyone know
                                where to find a bunny pattern or any animal patterns.

                                Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Knitting looms Knifty knitter

                                ---------------------------------

                              • queen_of_the_heavens2
                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
                                  I seem to be having trouble with the link. I may have copied it
                                  wrong. Go to www.loomknitting.com and then go to the freebies and
                                  it's at the bottom.

                                  --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "queen_of_the_heavens2"
                                  <queen_of_the_heavens2@...> wrote:

                                  > here's a real cute one and it's free which always makes it even
                                  better.
                                  > http://www.loomknitting.com/freedownloads/BunnyPattern.pdf.
                                  >
                                  > hope it's what you're looking for.
                                  >
                                  > ~Kim~
                                  >

                                  > --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "princesstrish00"
                                  > <princesstrish00@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > I want to make a bunny out of the knifty knitter does anyone
                                  know
                                  > > where to find a bunny pattern or any animal patterns.

                                • Toni
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Mar 3, 2006
                                    The problem with this link is that it has a (.)period at the end of it .
                                    Take that off and you will have no problem opening up the pdf file
                                    Toni