Hi,

  • suedarn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
      I'd like to include straight looms with pegs, too.
      ( just like the round ones but the straight ones. )
      What do you think?
      I just got my first round loom in the mail just now.
      It has some odd instructions for a hat with it.
      And a video that I have not watched yet.
      Tell me what you think, ok?
      Do you know how to make small things on a large rond loom?
      I have an adult loom.
      I have ordered other sizes, though.
      This one is adult, wooden, and it has the pegs pretty far apart.
      I wonder what the stiches will look like....
      -sue
    • Debra
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2008
        Hi,

        I've been crochet'ing since I was a child, my mother taught me. She
        also taught me to embroider and quilting was a very big thing in her
        family-line. Mom did not know how to knit however.

        Last fall, I taught myself to knit. I mostly did swatches and gauge
        samples. I tried different yarns and different methods, including
        using circular needles (I liked those best).

        When my mother came to visit last fall, before Christmas; she showed
        me the round looms. Sometimes my coordination does not cooperate, and
        the nice thing about using the looms is that your stitches are
        consistently uniform. Since then, I've acquired quite a few portable
        looms of that sort.

        I loom hats for charity in between other projects, like baby sweaters
        and afghans. At this point, I've not ventured too far into other
        mediums, besides yarn. Sometimes, I will see some vintage clothing,
        and think, "wow! I bet I can do that! I'd wear it too" and I do (to
        varying degrees of success!).

        I'm considering other looms and am particularly interested in the
        infinity loom for afghans. Also, I'd like to get an Amazing Needle
        and love the tunisian style of stitching! A friend is soon to wed,
        and I'll probably whip up a present for her!

        I love to read, and since I cannot do so while crafting; I listen to
        audio books when looming, crochet'ing, knitting, etc. Lately, I've
        been spending more time online, in the yahoo groups (I'd forgotten
        that I'd an account; as I use peoplepc.com for my ISP and my eMail).
        So, I'll see what I can see!

        Enjoy your weekend,
        Debra
      • Linda rhodes