Newbie

  • mokeyleo2003
    Message 1 of 97 , Feb 9, 2004
      Good Afternoon,

      I have recently become interested in knitting with looms and found
      your group. My husband and I are 18th Century reenactors-he builds
      colonial and 'camp' furniture and I portray as seamstress/mantua
      maker. I have heard the term loom knitting used in the 18th century
      and have also seen reference to this as far back as the 16th Century
      and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the history of this
      form of knitting or could direct me in my search for documentation. I
      would like to be able to learn and demonstrate this at events as
      another form of clothing manufacture that was used in the colonies.
      My husband is also interested in making the looms, but we need much
      more information!!! Any info that you can pass my way will be
      appreciated.

      Donna Maness in Camden, S.C.
    • Ann Garner
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 12, 2014
        At 08:16 PM 7/5/2014, you wrote:

        >Try using plummers tape it is very light and you just wrap a little
        >bit around the base of each peg. It will come right off when you
        >are finished. I use this for my interchangeable knitting needles
        >and crochet hooks. I find it at Home Depot, Osh or Ace Hardware
        >store. Very inexpensive. I have around 4 or 5 rolls of this, my
        >hubby and son comes to me when they need some for their plumbing
        >repairs, lol. Good Luck

        The name of it is Teflon tape.
        Ann in Arkansas