Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] my first mittens

  • Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 10, 2005
      I'm thinking of buying the s loom to make blankets.what are you useing for your blanket panels?

      Blessings,
      Rev.Szlachetka

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Cheshire Cat1
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 10, 2005
        Is the S loom the same as the Infinity loom?
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 10, 2005
          I too am considering mittens looms. I just cannot make up my mind
          over fine gauge or small gauge. I have all the S looms from CinDWood
          Crafts so do not need those.

          MaryJeanne

          --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Cheshire Cat1"
          <CheshireCat1@c...> wrote:
          > Oh those are great! I am thinking of ordering myself some mitten
          looms and sock looms and an Infinity loom now *L* I am working on
          preemie hats and panels to make a blanket using Bernat Softee
          Chunky...It is SOOO soft! I will post pics when I am done!

          9/10/2005
        • Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 10, 2005
            the mitten looms I bought from the attic only come in the one size...
            have you made something on each of the s loom's?

            Blessings,
            Rev.Szlachetka

          • Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 10, 2005
            • LoomyJulie
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 10, 2005
                 The S loom and the infinity loom are pretty much the same as far a I can tell.  Just made by different people.  I have the 48" infinity loom and you can see what it looks like by clicking on my yahoo pictures and look in my looming folder.  The Infinity loom is made my decoraccents.inc.  I think the S loom is made my Cindilooms?  Hopefully someone will tell you where the S loom comes from.

                LoomyJulie/Shawano,WI
                My Yahoo Photos: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jbg1760/album

                "Dance like no one is watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like it's heaven on earth".

                "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

                Is the S loom the same as the Infinity loom?
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 10, 2005
                  Hi,

                  They are the same in shape. There is a difference in the base of the
                  loom. CinDWoods uses the MDF fiber board and nylon pegs. DA uses a
                  different wood base and I believe nylon pegs or a choice (this you
                  would have to check on, I didn't buy the looms from them).

                  You could check out each:
                  http://cindywoodcrafts.com
                  http://decoraccentsinc.com

                  They both have nice looms but I have been buying most from Cindy since
                  I started. Cindy and Isela are both great ladies and you would not be
                  sorry buying from either of them. Just note that a loom from DA takes
                  a bit longer to receive as Sam (Isela's hubby) makes each as they come
                  up after order. So if he has a lot of orders it will take a little
                  longer to get on then from Cindy.

                  wrote:
                  > Is the S loom the same as the Infinity loom?
                • Mary Jeanne
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 10, 2005
                    Hi Cheryl,

                    I plan to order my mitten looms from http://decoraccentsinc.com as
                    they have the smaller gauges for these looms. My two grandsons like
                    to go out in the winter snow and I want a tighter weave then what you
                    get from the bigger looms. I have lots of regular gauged looms and am
                    looking to get some smaller ones. Since I just got a fine gauge extra
                    large adult sock loom and am working on it I know how tight the weave
                    on it can be. This is why I am considering the small gauge rather
                    then the fine gauge.

                    I might just need the thumb looms. I am going to check again on the
                    mittens I made before and see how they have set. If the stitching
                    seems to be tight enough then I will only get the thumb looms.

                    It is my intention to see if I can figure out doing gloves rather then
                    mittens. It is nice to have mittens but fingers are nicer to use for
                    mamaking snowballs to throw. ROFLOL They will also get mittens.

                    MaryJeanne

                    --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka"
                    <rev_szlachetka@y...> wrote:
                    > the mitten looms I bought from the attic only come in the one size...
                    > have you made something on each of the s loom's?
                    >

                    > Blessings,
                    > Rev.Szlachetka
                  • Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 10, 2005
                      my mittens were made on the one's from the attic and I used the pattern from Bev's site..

                      Blessings,
                      Rev.Szlachetka

                    • Mary Jeanne
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
                        I have some of the glow in the dark looms from ITA and I am just not
                        really fond of them. For me they take way to much extra work to be
                        as fast as some of the others, so I don't use them much.

                        Also from having the glow ones I know that their looms are a large
                        gauge and I wanted something with a much smaller gauge for a very
                        tight weave to do gloves and mittens. So yesterday I finally made
                        up my mind and ordered a set of fine gauge mitten looms from DA.
                        The glove figuring out is going to be interesting. I am thinking
                        for now that the best way to go is to make the body and fingers
                        seperately and then attach them afterwards.

                        <rev_szlachetka@y...> wrote:
                        > my mittens were made on the one's from the attic and I used the
                        pattern from Bev's site..

                        > Blessings,
                        > Rev.Szlachetka
                        > Manna Fellowship
                        > IOFFER STORE
                        >

                        > ---------------------------------
                      • Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 12, 2005
                          is there a pattern for gloves?

                          Blessings,
                          Rev.Szlachetka

                          Yahoo! for Good
                        • LoomyJulie

                            <rev_szlachetka@y...> wrote:
                            > my mittens were made on the one's from the attic and I used the
                            pattern from Bev's site..

                            > Blessings,
                            > Rev.Szlachetka
                            > Manna Fellowship
                            > IOFFER STORE

                            >  Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

                          • LoomyJulie