kniffy knitter

  • ggrasso113
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 24, 2005
      Hi, I am new to the group. I just discovered the kniffty knitter.
      I've seen it in the stores but because I knit, I never stopped to look
      at it. Not sure why I did last week, but I did and I bought one and
      now I haven't put it down. LOL

      I am wondering where to find patterns for it?

      geri

      ggrasso113
    • Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 25, 2005
        Hello Geri and welcome to the group...I crochet and tried to knit but never could..so I knit now on the looms and love it..right now i'm loom knitting a poncho for my 4 year old grand-daughter..i'm using the red knifty knitter...
        check the files and the database on the groups home page there should be some in there...most of the loom groups has some great patterns and the provo  site that makes the kk has some too.here    also bev's site show the hat and she has some patterns too. here

        Blessings,
        Rev.Szlachetka

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Mary Jeanne
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 25, 2005
          Hi Geri,

          There are some patterns here:
          Patterns:
          try these (some free, some for sale):
          http://snipurl.com/98p5> (provo crafts site, section for free
          patterns)
          http://decoraccentsinc.com/looming_instructions.html> (some free
          patterns)
          http://knittinglooms.com/knit_hat_pattern.html> (free hat pattern)
          http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/looms.html> (free patterns)
          http://cindwoodcrafts.com/ (book for sale)
          http://dustysoriginals.com/ (hat patterns for sale)
          http://www.knittinglooms.com/knitting_loom_pattern_book.html (book
          for sale)
          http://www.babesfibergarden.com/BFG92001/joy.htm (book for sale on
          board knitting)
          http://www.knittinglooms.bigstep.com/catalog.html (book for sale on
          site)
          http://pages.e-yarn.com/6030/PictPage/1324931.html (yarn around and
          book)
          http://www.oldfashionedknittingboard.com/page5.html (books to buy
          for the knitting board)

          Then on some of the other groups:
          You can find patterns. There are three others that I am a member of
          that have had things in the files but since those groups are closing
          I will not post them.

          Also for the board I just found other patterns at herrschners.com.
          There are three patterns books for the knitting harp, and one for
          the yarn around that I found. They also still have copies available
          for the first volumn of the book from knittingboard.com (a
          discontinued book now at that site). I don't know anything about
          the knitting harp books but I have ordered all three to see if they
          will work on the other type of boards.

          MaryJeanne

          --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "ggrasso113" <ggrasso113@y...>
          wrote:
          > Hi, I am new to the group. I just discovered the kniffty
          knitter.
          > I've seen it in the stores but because I knit, I never stopped to
          look
          > at it. Not sure why I did last week, but I did and I bought one
          and
          > now I haven't put it down. LOL
          >
          > I am wondering where to find patterns for it?
          >
          > geri
          >
          > ggrasso113
        • ggrasso113
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 30, 2005
            --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka"
            <rev_szlachetka@y...> wrote:
            > Hello Geri and welcome to the group...I crochet and tried to knit but
            never could..so I knit now on the looms and love it..right now i'm loom
            knitting a poncho for my 4 year old grand-daughter..i'm using the red
            knifty knitter...

            > Blessings,
            > Rev.Szlachetka
            > Manna Fellowship
            > IOFFER STORE

            Thanks, they are nice. I am having fun using them. I do knit. I can
            crochet only a tiny bit, can't really make anything. I learned to knit
            first and guess I prefer that. I love the kniffty knitter because you
            can watch tv and not pay too much attention. LOL

            geri...

            ggrasso113

          • SusieB1021@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 30, 2005
              Rev.Cheryl Szlachet,

              Hello, I am new to the group as well.  I noted you said you are making a poncho.  I would love to make a poncho for my two year old daughter.  Could you post the pattern/directions you are using?

              Thanks,
              Susan
            • Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 31, 2005
                hi susan i just knit one row and purl one row...make 2 pieces the same size and the you sew them together..for my three almost four year old grand-daughter i did 115 rows on each piece..
                I almost rather crochet the pieces together than sew them..
                to sew pieces together you sew one short piece to the long side and then the other long side to the short side...when you get the first 2 pieces sewed it will look like an L,then take the short end of the L and top side of the long L....
                I hope this makes sence.

                Blessings,
                Rev.Szlachetka

                http://mail.yahoo.com