Re: Hello & Request for help!

  • parmentrout@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 24, 2004
      Hi Janet!
      I'm not really following a pattern. I have a 32 peg round loom, and
      I'm making three long strips the length of my couch and then sewing
      them together.

      Pam

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Janet Gibson" <gibsonj@e...>
      wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I'm new to the list as well and I didn't know you could make
      afghans. I make hats and just now I'm trying my first scarf. I
      would love to know how to do an afghan and also need instructions for
      ending. Thanks
      > Janet in Utah....

      Service.

    • parmentrout@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 24, 2004

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 24, 2004
          Thanks for the reply, Sarah.
          I'm just trying to finish a plain rectangular piece. I'm making
          three long strips and sewing them together to make an afghan. It
          isn't very fancy, but it will work well for the charity project I'm a
          part of. (We're making lap blankets for a local nursing home.)

          Pam

          --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Sarah Louie" <slouie76@h...>
          wrote:
          > Hi Pam,
          >
          > Nice to meet you. I'm Sarah L. and I live in Derry, NH. I'm am
          fairly new at this ... knitting with a loom. What are you trying to
          finish? I've only made hats and a tube slipper/sock with mine. I'm
          afraid I only know one way of finishing. Can you tell me more about
          what you are making?

          > I bought my mom an In The Attic adult hat loom (round one too), as
          we both learned over the holidays. She lives in California, and
          wanted a reminder on how to finish a hat. I took pictures and made a
          WORD doc with them in it. If you think that would help, I could
          email you a copy of it. Let me know.

          > Sarah L. in NH

          Service.
        • Sarah Louie
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 26, 2004
            Hi Pam,

            Sounds nice.  I have yet to try making a flat piece with my round loom.  Was it difficult?  Care to share any hints or tips?  I don't have the Yarn-A-Round.  I want something closer knitted, so I use the In The Attic adult hat loom.  Maybe "if" we get a tax refund, I will by an adult small gauge loom too.

            Hmmm, what size are lap blankets you make?

            Sarah L. in NH

          • parmentrout@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 29, 2004
              Sarah,

              I apologize for taking so long to reply—I read my mail at work, and I
              keep forgetting to measure my pieces when I'm at home! I will get it
              measured—I promise.

              I'm afraid I don't have any tips; I'm still very new at this. I
              didn't even know it was possible to get something that has a smaller
              gage, or looms that weren't round for that matter.

              Truthfully, my main reason for buying the product was that it was
              something COMPLETELY new to me. I spend all day every day at work
              writing and using the computer, and at home in the evenings I'd quilt
              or cross stitch or crochet, and my right hand/wrist started to ache.
              Since I'm afraid of surgery and getting carpal tunnel, I've been
              looking for things I can do with my left hand. When I saw this on
              television, I thought it would be perfect. I have been pretty
              successful in teaching myself to use my left hand with this --
              IMHO :-)

              wrote:
              > Hi Pam,
              >
              > Sounds nice. I have yet to try making a flat piece with my round
              loom. Was it difficult? Care to share any hints or tips? I don't
              have the Yarn-A-Round. I want something closer knitted, so I use the
              In The Attic adult hat loom. Maybe "if" we get a tax refund, I will
              by an adult small gauge loom too.

              > Hmmm, what size are lap blankets you make?
              >
              > Sarah L. in NH

            • Sarah Louie
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 29, 2004
                Thanks Pam,

                I hope you can share your measurements soon.  I'm making my DD a scarf right now.  I am using a DA child hat travel loom/board.  I am not using the loom as a knitting in the round.  That makes this nice, because it turns out like knitting on both sides.  http://decoraccentsinc.com/child_hat_travel_loom_board.html  If you ever think of buying from DA, there is a 5% discount number you can get. Just ask me.

                Sarah L. in NH

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 5 11:40 AM
                  How do you make a strip on a round loom? Help please!!!
                  Patty