Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Re: beaded hats

  • Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31, 2005
      oh I'm not good  working  with beads,between eyes and fingers and no patiention.....

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Mary Jeanne
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 4, 2005
        Hi Cheryl,

        It is called a huge lighted magnifier for beads or other close work
        that lets me get away with working with them. Some of my beads are a
        tiny size 14 and I love them. They are so delicate.

        MaryJeanne

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka"
        <rev_szlachetka@y...> wrote:
        > oh I'm not good working with beads,between eyes and fingers and
        no patiention.....

        > God bless you,
        > Rev.Szlachetka
        > Manna Fellowship
        > Scriptures
        > wedding Officiate
        > IOFFER STORE

        > http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 4, 2005
          I saw this wooden bead spinner on ioffer action..it said the beads spin on the needle..have you seen these?

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Mary Jeanne
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 5, 2005
            Those are great for when you have a lot of small beads to string. I
            thought this one online was a bit spendy so my hubby made me two
            different sizes. He used a tin and a small crock bowl using dowels to
            make them. They work great.

            You can see pictures of them in my epson album:
            http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4114835 under the bead
            spinner folder. I have used them to string beads for beaded knitted
            purses (of which I have several not finished since I started looming).

            If you are going to need beads in a color order, or beads that you are
            only using a few of and certain types of beading like peyote, then you
            need to do the beading one bead at a time. So a spinner does you no
            good.

            <rev_szlachetka@y...> wrote:
            > I saw this wooden bead spinner on ioffer action..it said the beads
            spin on the needle..have you seen these?

            > God bless you,
            > Rev.Szlachetka
          • Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 5, 2005
              your husband made you the spinner?great job...
              I enjoyed all the things you created...the mittens ,you did on loom came out really nice..I tried a pair got one done and throw it away...It was aufull looking!what loom did you use? then I tried crocheting a pair they are aufull looking too...

              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Mary Jeanne
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 5, 2005
                Hi Cheryl,

                I did three sizes of mittens using different looms from CinDWood
                crafts and a thumb loom from her also (the thumb loom is not on her
                site it was a special order loom). The looms were a 15 peg, 21 peg,
                and 29 peg 1/2" spaced. The special thumb loom is a 10 peg, 1/2"
                spaced.

                The hubby makes things for me when I ask. He has made me several
                things, like tatting needles that are for very large cord, a special
                piece to add to my tatting shuttle winder so I can wind tatting
                bobbins, cut and drilled holes in crochet hooks so I could put them
                on rings and small keybacks for easy handling and other stuff like
                this.

                I have done crocheted mittens but not for several years. They were
                not a big thing with my kids as they got older, but I am going to
                make loomed ones for the grands. I just want to figure out how to do
                them doubled or double knit them on a double rake loom, but that is
                for later. For now I have baby things in the works for the one to be
                born anytime now. My daughter is due in 3 weeks but the doc says it
                could be sooner.

                He is going to make me some looms also but we have been redoing the
                house and that is enough work for now. I must give him a break
                somewhere along the way. ROFLOL I was so glad to see him come home
                from work yesterday and not do anything. He worked his whole
                vacation on the house and then has been coming home ever night and
                working till 11pm. I have tried to get him to stop and take time for
                himself but he wants it done. I don't blame him but he needs rest
                also. Me and my sis are not in all that great a hurry to have it
                done that we want to see him work this hard.

                <rev_szlachetka@y...> wrote:
                > your husband made you the spinner?great job...
                > I enjoyed all the things you created...the mittens ,you did on loom
                came out really nice..I tried a pair got one done and throw it
                away...It was aufull looking!what loom did you use? then I tried
                crocheting a pair they are aufull looking too...

                > God bless you,
                > Rev.Szlachetka
                > Manna Fellowship
                > Scriptures
                > wedding Officiate
                > IOFFER STORE

                > http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Rev.Cheryl Szlachetka
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 6, 2005
                  So your husband also will make you looms...thats nice...He's handy with saws and doesn't mind make them for you,you are blessed...I have to buy my looms and just sent for the whole set of kk..I can't wait til they come in....then hopefully I will learn to make more than just hats..

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • Mary Jeanne
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 7, 2005
                    Hi Cheryl,

                    So far he has not made me a loom but we have talked about it. He
                    did, however, change a loom for me. I had an old board loom that
                    had nails on it, and he took those nails off and put in their place
                    cotter pins. The nails on either side were just straight but he
                    added the addition of cotter pins on the ends so that it can be
                    alonger round loom if I so choose it to be. It was also a 1/4"
                    board with the nails and he worked to keep it that way with the
                    cotter pins. He does an excellent job of figuring things like this
                    out.

                    My hubby is a locksmith and they often have to do that odd figure it
                    out thing. People will have old antique locks that they want to
                    keep but which need some help to work in todays houses. So they are
                    always experimenting with these and learning how to adjust things.
                    LOL This was a good job for him as he was doing that "figure it
                    out" thing long before he started working in this profession.

                    I want a board now that is with nails but has some special grooves
                    in the board itself, but I have to wait till other work is done on
                    the house. There is so much to do inside and out that he is being
                    worked to hard for me to ask him to do this for me yet, althought I
                    am looking to see if I can come up with something on my own.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 7, 2005
                      MaryJeanne,I wish I had the talent to make or create something...lol sometimes I have a pattern that needs ajusting and once in awhile I can figure it out and sometimes it's ripped apart....right now I have 2 things started and i'm leaning toward ripping them out and go do a whole new project...