Re: Rubber band looms

  • Susannah Kelsey
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16 2:00 AM
      I liked the Rainbow loom I found at Michael's better than the first
      one I bought. My Google and YouTube research showed you can connect
      looms to made wider bracelets, so I bought two. Also more rubber
      bands. I understand this craft is addictive and you can't have too
      many rubber bands. On the way home, I found a storage box for the
      rubber bands at a hardware store. I'm all set with my gift for the
      birthday girl.

      Susannah in SoCal
    • Heather Parker
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23 11:31 PM
        While in JoAnn's, I found that I was inspired by a crochet pattern for a comfort shawl. I had picked up two skeins of the same brand/type yarn at Walmart on clearance. On my new Martha Stewart Loom, I used the same amount of pegs as chains for the pattern and just e-wrapped. It called for three skeins and said to stop at 61 inches. I found that since I was e-wrapping that the shawl is pretty stretchy and two skeins seem like enough although it doesn't seem as wide as the one in the picture. I bought two more skeins and am starting another is another color.

        This is where I want people's advice. I am inspired to make other items that don't have loom instructions. Is there a website someplace that shows how to convert a knitting pattern to loom? What is done about trying to match the Gauge? Do I have to try different looms?

        I've been thinking of making the Red Heart Basket Weave Scarf, but need help converting it. I have Knifty Knitter looms (round and long sets), scarf looms, purple hat loom and Martha Stewart too.

        Thanks!

        Heather
        Sent from my iPhone
      • kmokas
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 24 3:57 AM
          try to google that. I looked in some of the files of groups  and could not find the topic. Karen

        • Cyndi Sams
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 24 8:08 AM
            My husband converts patterns to loom for most of his projects! He has converted knit, crochet and tunisian patterns to his loom! He does some gauge swatching, but often does projects that are not reliant on specific gauge. With the Martha Stewart loom you have quite a bit of versatility if you need specific gauge. If you are on Ravelry he is"SirBump" take a look at his projects- pattern specific questions we would be more than willing to help with!
          • Heather Parker
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 24 6:02 PM
              Thanks! I also found this page helpful!