RE: [ROUNDLOOMS] Re: Open stitches

  • Vera Hoenen
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 23, 2005
      http://www.oldfashionedknittingboard.com/page5.html is this the site?

      Take care
      Vera

      -----Original Message-----
      From: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of betyantonio5
      Sent: 22 July 2005 16:38
      To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ROUNDLOOMS] Re: Open stitches

      Thanks Mary Jeanne,

      I'll try that and see what it looks like, sound great.

      I saw on a website somewhere that the stitch was open like a square I
      think it was called a knot of love or something. I was going to
      order the pattern and but my computer crashed ;( I have tried to
      get back to this great website but I have not found it again. I'll
      keep trying

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Jeanne" <m_j_pettit@y...>

      <betyantonio5@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I'm new to your board and to board knitting. I knit on a double
      rake
      > > loom and was wondering if anyone has directions for an open
      stitch or
      > > a drop stitch that can be done on the board?? Any help would be
      > > really appreciated. Thank you, Bety

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Mary Jeanne
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 24, 2005
        Hi Vera and Bety,

        You know in all my searches I have not run across this site. Thanks
        for the info. I am adding it to my list of sites to check out for
        patterns.

        Now as for that stitch it sounds interesting. If you purchase the
        book let us know how it works out. Others may be interested in it
        also.

        MaryJeanne

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 25, 2005
          THANK YOU VERA!!!! I was loosing my mind trying to remember where I
          had been on the web.

          I bought my knitting board on ebay from a lady named Marla Richards
          and have learn soooo much from her instructions and sweater pattern.
          She is an extremely nice lady, I have emailed her on several issues
          and she always had a great answer. Just in case anyone needs to buy
          patterns hers are perfect and not too expensive. (Once I finish my
          sweater I'll post a photo for you all to see).

          Thanks once again, I'm off to buy the pattern, I'll keep you all
          posted.

          God Bless,
          Bety

        • createitis@epix.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 30, 2012
             <can explain to me why
            the "weave" I'm getting appears so much more "open" than the woman in
            the instructional videos, on the company website? >

            Hi, You might need a heavier yarn or a different knit stitch or both. Hope this helps.

            JEC of NEPA
            createitis@...
            http://fibercraftblog.blogspot.com/
            Blog News, Why Swatch?
          • Mz
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 30, 2012
              that's interesting, and it might work (since I'm SUCH a newb I can't say either way), BUT the yarn the woman in the Authentic Knitting Board videos is using looks like a mid-weight yarn and her stitches don't look as open and airy (I'm having the SAME problem with the straight board) as mine. I held mine up and I could see A LOT of light through the weave!