Broken Pegs

  • CrZLayD
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 13, 2014

      Does anyone know where we can get replacement pegs for the looms. I have broken a few and don't want to have to buy a new one.

      Thanks in advance for your help!

    • createitis
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 17, 2014

         HI,

        Here is one link that has them for sale:

        Hope this helps.

        JEC of NEPA
        createitis@...
        http://fibercraftblog.blogspot.com/
        Free Patterns on my Blog

        Does anyone know where we can get replacement pegs for the looms. I have broken a few and don't want to have to buy a new one.

        Thanks in advance for your help!

      • eleenemaxey
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 17, 2014

          One way to fix your loon is take a peg out of the small loom. Another way is if you have two different looms  that have broken pegs, take pegs  out of  one loom to fix the loom you use all the time. If it broken off in the hole you may have to drill it out. Hope this  help

        • syrijs
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 19, 2014

            HAS anyone tried replacing with wooden dowels, sold in various sizes at hardware or hobby stores? they are sold in about 2 or 3 foot lengths. These would not have the rounded knob on top, but should work. Chopsticks might also be an alternative, especially if you have a Dremmel type grinding tool you can use for minor shaping

            syrijs.

          • bobrat
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 19, 2014
              It would be a lot of work - even if you managed to make it the right shape - and you cannot leave the wood unfinished, the yarn will catch on the microfibers. They would need finishing with somehing that leaves a semi-gloss finish with the same drag co-efficient as the plastic pegs. Also, depending on the way the pegs snap into place, a wooden peg might have to be several hundredths of an inch smaller.

              I could do it, but I would not use a Dremel - even though I have three of them - they are not really suitable for this. I would make them on a $3000 copy lathe I have and that way could make multiples all the same size.

              In reality however - I would never do it, unless I became desperate, the time spent setting up the equipment and experimenting with finishes would far outweigh the small cost of buying them on eBay, crags list, etc.
            • syrijs
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 19, 2014

                I guess this would depend on imagination, skill level, and available tools. If I were in the middle of something and just needed a temporary replacement, I would stick whatever fit in the hole in, just making sure it would not snag the yarn. I am guessing that would work till the manufacturer could send replacements.

                 A sheet of sandpaper for smoothing it out for that or a rotary sanding disc  would seem workable. It would take longer for most finishes to dry properly than to finish most of my loomed projects.

                 Since most of the plastic looms can be replaced at Walmart for under 10.00, I would not rush out to buy tools to repair one : )

                syri

              • Angela Prescott

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 20, 2014
                    how about trying the wooden golf tees

                    stang
                  • syrijs
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 20, 2014

                      Thanks for the link. This is a permanent solution, though I would still probably check with the manufacturer to see if they had the pegs in the original colors.

                      I am going to order some from Amazon, so I am prepared for emergencies: )

                      though it seems like it would cost about the same to replace the loom

                      syrijs

                    • Heather Parker
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 20, 2014
                        I remember seeing someone online using a spare loom for parts and with some of the patterns people swap pegs from other looms to use the different colors as markers.

                        Heather

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Jan 20, 2014, at 7:19 AM, <syrijs@...> wrote:

                        Thanks for the link. This is a permanent solution, though I would still probably check with the manufacturer to see if they had the pegs in the original colors.

                        I am going to order some from Amazon, so I am prepared for emergencies: )

                        though it seems like it would cost about the same to replace the loom

                        syrijs

                      • Pam Dickinson
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 20, 2014
                          For the price you can buy news looms for at circuit.com. It's worth stocked up on extra looms. A set is $2.00. Way cheaper then paying for new pegs.

                          Sent from my iPhone
                        • ziggyangel
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 23, 2014
                            where at cricuit.com I've gone  there and saw nothing to do with looms all scrapbook
                          • Angela Prescott

                                Message 15 of 15 , Jan 24, 2014
                                  I did find clear pegs on Amazon, but, with shipping, they cost almost as much as a new loom
                                  syrijs