Afghan loom

  • lientje1
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 10, 2013

      Hello,

      I'm Carolien and I wanna buy an Afghan loom or also called an S-loom but I have a few questions and hope you can help me forward.

      Have anybody worked already with the afghan loom from Knitting board?

      And is it easy to use?

      What is the great different between the afghan loom and the round looms?

      Can you use all kind of yarn?

      I hope you can help me with a little bit information before I buy anything.

      Thanks a lot beforehand and many greetz,

      Carolien

    • penny ------------

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 11, 2013

          I got the KB afghan loom last month.  I just started an afghan on it 2 days ago.  I am really liking it.  I like the fact that you don't have to use bulky yarn.  You can use worsted weight.  It is not to heavy to be moving around

          I haven't tried any others , so I have nothing to compare to but am really glad I got this one.

          I also picked up their 28" knitting board with 20 peg extenders.  I also plan to get the KB all-in-one.

        • Lientje Vl
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 11, 2013
            Hi Nkamrowski,

            thanks a lot for your answers and for all the information and tips.
            So nice that you have the afghan loom and nice to hear that you are happy with it.
            That its not only for bulky yarn and also worsted weigth,is very good.

            Yes the all in one loom looks also very usefull for different projects.

            I have buy today a round loom-set to start and thought,I will practice first with that and after I known,that I love it,I'm gonna buy the afghan loom.
            I have started to knit on the round loom since a half hour and I love it,it's amazing and so easy.
            So next week I'm gonna  buy the afghan loom and now I known that you also are happy with it,my choice is made.
            Thanks a lot and much loom-knittingfun!

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 11, 2013
              Hi Penny,

              thanks a lot for your answers and for the very usefull tip about the video's.
              I found a few about the afghan S-loom and they are very interesting and
              easy to follow.
              Thank you for your amazing tip!

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 11, 2013
                I am always glad to hear about new people trying the knitting looms.  I don't know how to do much on mine.  But I guess it takes time.  I would however, like to find a site that shows the different stitches.
                Good luck and hope you have as much fun with the looms as I do.

                penny

                On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:12 PM, Lientje Vl <lientje1@...> wrote:

[...]

              • Nancy Kamrowski
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 12, 2013
                  Watch Joanns.com for their coupons.  I was in Florida last month when they had a 60% off sale.  That is when I got mine and saved a lot of money.  They don't usually have 60%..it was a Veteren's day sale.  But the week before I was there they had 40%.  I've ordered online from them too.
                  They had the afghan loom, 28"loom, and the starter kit. I got all three at the sale price.
                  Nancy

                  Sent from Samsung tablet
                • lambentstar
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 12, 2013

                    I recently picked up my KB afgan loom from AC Moore on sale.  I don't think it's marked down as much as before but it's still on sale until the end of the year.  $19 down from $35 if memory serves me right...

                  • VONNIE
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 12, 2013

                      Unsubscribe

                      Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 12, 2013
                        Hi Penny,

                        thanks for your answers.
                        Yes its indeed very nice that more and more people begin to knit with the looms.

                        I have seen a lot of books about loom-knitting on the amazon-site and then in search you have to write : loom knitting.
                        I have a book (it's in dutch,because I'm from Belgium) but the Original is in English from Isela Phelps and she have describe every stitch on the loom.
                        Really amazing to see the lot of possibility's and stitches with one loom.
                        Maybe it's good for you to learn more stitches?

                        I have begun with the stitch with 4 up one pin and then pull the first over the 3 others and then you became a double stitch,especially for thin yarn.

                        I'm very happy with the round looms and look forward to the afghan loom.

                        Thanks for your answers,very nice.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 12, 2013

                            Hi Nancy,

                            thanks for your answers and the informations about the prices.

                            Unfortanutelly I'm from Belgium,so I have to wait a few weeks before I receive an order from America and also have to pay the ship cost and thats a lot.

                            But its very nice that you help me forward and letting me known.

                            I have knitting yesterday evening on the round loom and its so easy.

                            I have started immediately with the double stitch,4 on a pin and then pull the first beneath over the 3 others.

                            It's very good for thinner yarn.

                            Much loomknitting-fun

                          • lientje1
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 12, 2013

                              Thanks for letting me known.

                              But I'm from Belgium,so I have to wait a few weeks if I order in America

                              and have to pay the ship cost and thats a lot

                              but thanks for letting me known.

                              Very nice to receive so much answers!

                            • Lientje Vl
                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 13, 2013