neo vs. classic groups at yahoo! the petition you have been waiting for!

  • Sue 2013
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2013

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:Marissa Mayer: Listen to your Yahoo Customers
      Date:Sat, 05 Oct 2013 11:51:48 -0700
      From:Sue 2013 <suedarn@...>
      To:D A <luvmyfurrbabies@...>, SUE JOHNSON <alex9319@...>, RACHEL <rachelisify@...>

      Hi,

      I signed a petition to Marissa Mayer, CEO which says:

      "In spite of Thousands of signatures from Yahoo Group Owners and
      Moderators -- as well as group members -- you continue to force your
      customers to use NEO. Please leave behind the Google mentality, and give
      customers a true choice."

      Will you sign this petition? Click here:

      http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/marissa-mayer-listen?source=s.em.mt&r_by=5004523

      Thanks!

       (I also put this in the comments area:
      "Times have changed. Stats do not tell the story. These groups have been
      saving lives. Saving countries. Saved MY LIFE. REVENUE IS EASY WITH
      YAHOO AUCTIONS NOW MORE THAN E EVER. MANY IF US CAN GUIDE YOU AS MANY OF
      US ARE Top Rated" "Power Sellers". ebay is but a venue and is not liable
      for what is there. It is easy to modify their rules lists and do this!
      You are the only ones who can provide competition to eBay. Note that
      eBay takes 15% of final sale values. And billions need a good auction
      site now. by next Xmas you will have quadrupled your membership. Yahoo
      wallet and your shares values. Don't ruin our groups. Call me if you
      want. Susan 619-227-3484. (auctions buy it now and best offer bought me
      2 houses in a bad economy) I sell bracelets only! Do auctions before
      Google does them? If feds want our messages they already have them
      anyway. our freedom back? please? please? please? (your baby is
      beautiful!) I'm a mother and grandmother here too. We lo e the groups
      don't take the old format away. We will pay for the old format! I have
      eBay money, dudette! -Sue"

    • angelbaby_1993
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2013

         No offence but Yahoo is a big company and they will do what they want to do. These types of petitions do nothing. They're not going to change because a few people don't like what they've chosen to do with their stuff. It's a waste of time & energy.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2013

          Perhaps not

          Yahoo Quashes Groups Redesign in Wake of User Backlash

          http://gigaom.com/2010/10/04/yahoo-quashes-groups-redesign-in-wake-of-user-backlash/#comments

          and see the comment at  Sunday, October 10 2010

          It’s finally official! We do get the choice to keep our Classic Groups! The new remodel is going to be offered as an option to choose, not something we have to opt out of!

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2013

            No it is not a waste.  In the past yahoo has changed back from something they started via warnings and loss of groups.  People do have some power in large numbers.