new loom to me

  • momanto
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2013
      good morning all.... I know its been a while but..... I just bought the "all in one" loom and after reading all the instructions that came with it.. I still don't know if I have to use two strands of yarn as one.... Does any one have this loom, I am sure there is, thats a silly question, but I have noticed that a lot of patterns posted in Lion Brand yarn are using the Martha Stewart loom all I want to know is if you use one or two strands of 4ply yarn??? Thanks for the info....
    • Lisa C.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2013

        For the most part with the Authentic Knitting Board “All in one” loom, you will use one strand of 4 ply (weight) yarn.  If you use 2 strands, it is very thick and hard to move over the pegs.  I have done it before and hate doing it every time I have.  When I do use 2 stands over 2 strands, I only lift one strand over at a time on my end pegs, as doing 2 together when double knitting, the end pegs are a pain in the neck to get over.  If you are only doing single knitting it shouldn’t be as hard.

        Hope it helps.

        Lisa

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2013
          thanks for the info it will certainly help..... what about the sock loom??? sport or even baby yarn?????????