RE: [ROUNDLOOMS] Re: New Here

  • Angela Prescott
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 28, 2013
      I know right!!!!!!!!

      Angie in GA

      --- On Mon, 4/29/13, ~Cathy Turner <turner.cathy@...> wrote:

      From: ~Cathy Turner <turner.cathy@...>
      Subject: RE: [ROUNDLOOMS] Re: New Here
      To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, April 29, 2013, 1:58 AM

      HA HA HA!!!   "patterns are accepted"?  That's kind of funny, almost like you own the list instead of being a new member.

      --- On Sun, 4/28/13, tammy primeau <wildangelus@...> wrote:

      please stop sending me these junk emails....patterns are accepted but not your conversations.  thank you

    • Angela Prescott
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 29, 2013
        Tammy why join the group just do a search for patterns or use youtube.

        Angie in GA�

        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 29, 2013
          I am afraid I am the cause of all this discord.  I just wanted to introduce myself and try to help a fellow crafter.  If I have offended anyone I am sorry.  (I am not the one that wrote the comment about the patterns)

          Hugs Kelli
          Salem, OR

          To look more beautiful, just smile

          To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com
          CC: wildangelus@...
          From: etm1935@...
          Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:10:14 -0400

          I suggest you leave the list. This list is not
          limited to patterns.

          Elaine

          *Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
          Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad*.

          Hello tammy

          On Sunday, April 28, 2013, you wrote

          > please stop sending me these junk
          > emails....patterns are accepted but not your
          > conversations. thank you

        • ~Cathy Turner

            From: etm1935@...
            Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:10:14 -0400

            I suggest you leave the list. This list is not
            limited to patterns.

            Elaine

            *Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
            Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad*.

            Hello tammy

            On Sunday, April 28, 2013, you wrote

            > please stop sending me these junk
            > emails....patterns are accepted but not your
            > conversations. thank you

          • ~Cathy Turner
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 29, 2013
              Do you think those are the same people as the ones who turn left in front of me and then glare at me when I honk my horn and slam on my brakes?  :-)

              ~Cathy

              --- On Mon, 4/29/13, Ann Garner <agarner@...> wrote:
              >HA HA HA!!!   "patterns are accepted"?  That's kind of funny, almost
              >like you own the list instead of being a new member.

              Cathy, unfortunately some people think they do  control any list they join.
              Ann in Arkansas

            • Kelli Campbell
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 29, 2013
                I just love those people.  Sometimes you get lucky and they know sign language.  They don't understand that life is short and doesn't have a restart button.

                To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com
                From: turner.cathy@...
                Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:54:13 -0700

                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 29, 2013
                  Ah ha ha, sign language!  I love it!

                  --- On Mon, 4/29/13, Kelli Campbell <knitter1968@...> wrote:

                  I just love those people.  Sometimes you get lucky and they know sign language.  They don't understand that life is short and doesn't have a restart button.

                  Hugs Kelli
                  Salem, OR

                  To look more beautiful, just smile

                  Do you think those are the same people as the ones who turn left in front of me and then glare at me when I honk my horn and slam on my brakes?  :-)

                  ~Cathy

                  --- On Mon, 4/29/13, Ann Garner <agarner@...> wrote:
                  >HA HA HA!!!   "patterns are accepted"?  That's kind of funny, almost
                  >like you own the list instead of being a new member.

                  Cathy, unfortunately some people think they do  control any list they join.
                  Ann in Arkansas

                • Brenda Jackson
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 30, 2013

                    do all posts or replys to them on here get sent out to all members ?

                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 30, 2013

                        Yeah. They do. If you want to reply to an individual you change the "to" from roundlooms@yahoogroups.com to the individual's email address.

                        do all posts or replys to them on here get sent out to all members ?

                        HA HA HA!!!   "patterns are accepted"?  That's kind of funny, almost like you own the list instead of being a new member.

                        --- On Sun, 4/28/13, tammy primeau <wildangelus@...> wrote:

                        please stop sending me these junk emails....patterns are accepted but not your conversations.  thank you

                      • John OLeary
                        Message 11 of 22 , May 3 2:07 PM
                          Yes, there surely must be a list coordinator who can pull the plug on people who can't seem to listen to common sense.  I'm sure we've all subscribed to discussion groups that we thought would be good, and then discovered that the group didn't conform to our expectations.  That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the group, rather that the expectations were misguided.  What we do is unsubscribe.  After all, there are hundreds of other groups we can join, and there are many other ways we can use the internet to get the information we want.  What we DON'T do is rudely demand that a list change to suit our misconceptions.  That's ridiculous.

                          John
                        • suedarn
                          Message 12 of 22 , May 3 3:44 PM
                            John. She's gone.
                            Ban her frm all your groups of course.
                            She is banned here.
                            I think it's mostly over.
                            We are removing her posts.
                            -Mod...

                            --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, John OLeary <johnno_49@...> wrote:

                            > Yes, there surely must be a list coordinator who can pull the plug on people who can't seem to listen to common sense.  I'm sure we've all subscribed to discussion groups that we thought would be good, and then discovered that the group didn't conform to our expectations.  That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the group, rather that the expectations were misguided.  What we do is unsubscribe.  After all, there are hundreds of other groups we can join, and there are many other ways we can use the internet to get the information we want.  What we DON'T do is rudely demand that a list change to suit our misconceptions.  That's ridiculous.
                            >
                            > John

                          • Kelli Campbell
                            Message 13 of 22 , May 3 6:29 PM
                              I am a group or two that chat all day long.  I love those groups.  That way you get to know people and make friends.  Oh well, you know what they say about Karma.  I have never been called rude or a bully.

                              To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com
                              From: johnno_49@...
                              Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 14:07:42 -0700

                              Yes, there surely must be a list coordinator who can pull the plug on people who can't seem to listen to common sense.  I'm sure we've all subscribed to discussion groups that we thought would be good, and then discovered that the group didn't conform to our expectations.  That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the group, rather that the expectations were misguided.  What we do is unsubscribe.  After all, there are hundreds of other groups we can join, and there are many other ways we can use the internet to get the information we want.  What we DON'T do is rudely demand that a list change to suit our misconceptions.  That's ridiculous.

                              John

                            • nancy

                                From: johnno_49@...
                                Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 14:07:42 -0700