Re: New Here

  • Susannah Kelsey
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 28, 2013
      Thanks for the offer, Kelli.  You can probably find folks in your areas who could use some warm gear for winter wear.  Maybe contact a shelter at a National Guard armory.

      Susannah in SoCal

      Sent from my Windows Phone
    • Angela Prescott
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 28, 2013
        I know right!!!!!!!!

        Angie in GA

        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 29, 2013
          Tammy why join the group just do a search for patterns or use youtube.

          Angie in GA�

          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 29, 2013
            I am afraid I am the cause of all this discord.  I just wanted to introduce myself and try to help a fellow crafter.  If I have offended anyone I am sorry.  (I am not the one that wrote the comment about the patterns)

            Hugs Kelli
            Salem, OR

            To look more beautiful, just smile

            To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com
            CC: wildangelus@...
            From: etm1935@...
            Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:10:14 -0400

            I suggest you leave the list. This list is not
            limited to patterns.

            Elaine

            *Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
            Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad*.

            Hello tammy

            On Sunday, April 28, 2013, you wrote

            > please stop sending me these junk
            > emails....patterns are accepted but not your
            > conversations. thank you

          • ~Cathy Turner

              From: etm1935@...
              Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:10:14 -0400

              I suggest you leave the list. This list is not
              limited to patterns.

              Elaine

              *Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
              Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad*.

              Hello tammy

              On Sunday, April 28, 2013, you wrote

              > please stop sending me these junk
              > emails....patterns are accepted but not your
              > conversations. thank you

            • ~Cathy Turner
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 29, 2013
                Do you think those are the same people as the ones who turn left in front of me and then glare at me when I honk my horn and slam on my brakes?  :-)

                ~Cathy

                --- On Mon, 4/29/13, Ann Garner <agarner@...> wrote:
                >HA HA HA!!!   "patterns are accepted"?  That's kind of funny, almost
                >like you own the list instead of being a new member.

                Cathy, unfortunately some people think they do  control any list they join.
                Ann in Arkansas

              • Kelli Campbell
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 29, 2013
                  I just love those people.  Sometimes you get lucky and they know sign language.  They don't understand that life is short and doesn't have a restart button.

                  To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com
                  From: turner.cathy@...
                  Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:54:13 -0700

                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 29, 2013
                    Ah ha ha, sign language!  I love it!

                    --- On Mon, 4/29/13, Kelli Campbell <knitter1968@...> wrote:

                    I just love those people.  Sometimes you get lucky and they know sign language.  They don't understand that life is short and doesn't have a restart button.

                    Hugs Kelli
                    Salem, OR

                    To look more beautiful, just smile

                    Do you think those are the same people as the ones who turn left in front of me and then glare at me when I honk my horn and slam on my brakes?  :-)

                    ~Cathy

                    --- On Mon, 4/29/13, Ann Garner <agarner@...> wrote:
                    >HA HA HA!!!   "patterns are accepted"?  That's kind of funny, almost
                    >like you own the list instead of being a new member.

                    Cathy, unfortunately some people think they do  control any list they join.
                    Ann in Arkansas

                  • Brenda Jackson
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 30, 2013

                      do all posts or replys to them on here get sent out to all members ?

                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 30, 2013

                          Yeah. They do. If you want to reply to an individual you change the "to" from roundlooms@yahoogroups.com to the individual's email address.

                          do all posts or replys to them on here get sent out to all members ?

                          HA HA HA!!!   "patterns are accepted"?  That's kind of funny, almost like you own the list instead of being a new member.

                          --- On Sun, 4/28/13, tammy primeau <wildangelus@...> wrote:

                          please stop sending me these junk emails....patterns are accepted but not your conversations.  thank you

                        • John OLeary
                          Message 12 of 22 , May 3, 2013
                            Yes, there surely must be a list coordinator who can pull the plug on people who can't seem to listen to common sense.  I'm sure we've all subscribed to discussion groups that we thought would be good, and then discovered that the group didn't conform to our expectations.  That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the group, rather that the expectations were misguided.  What we do is unsubscribe.  After all, there are hundreds of other groups we can join, and there are many other ways we can use the internet to get the information we want.  What we DON'T do is rudely demand that a list change to suit our misconceptions.  That's ridiculous.

                            John
                          • suedarn
                            Message 13 of 22 , May 3, 2013
                              John. She's gone.
                              Ban her frm all your groups of course.
                              She is banned here.
                              I think it's mostly over.
                              We are removing her posts.
                              -Mod...

                              --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, John OLeary <johnno_49@...> wrote:

                              > Yes, there surely must be a list coordinator who can pull the plug on people who can't seem to listen to common sense.  I'm sure we've all subscribed to discussion groups that we thought would be good, and then discovered that the group didn't conform to our expectations.  That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the group, rather that the expectations were misguided.  What we do is unsubscribe.  After all, there are hundreds of other groups we can join, and there are many other ways we can use the internet to get the information we want.  What we DON'T do is rudely demand that a list change to suit our misconceptions.  That's ridiculous.
                              >
                              > John

                            • Kelli Campbell
                              Message 14 of 22 , May 3, 2013
                                I am a group or two that chat all day long.  I love those groups.  That way you get to know people and make friends.  Oh well, you know what they say about Karma.  I have never been called rude or a bully.

                                To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com
                                From: johnno_49@...
                                Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 14:07:42 -0700

                                Yes, there surely must be a list coordinator who can pull the plug on people who can't seem to listen to common sense.  I'm sure we've all subscribed to discussion groups that we thought would be good, and then discovered that the group didn't conform to our expectations.  That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the group, rather that the expectations were misguided.  What we do is unsubscribe.  After all, there are hundreds of other groups we can join, and there are many other ways we can use the internet to get the information we want.  What we DON'T do is rudely demand that a list change to suit our misconceptions.  That's ridiculous.

                                John

                              • nancy

                                  From: johnno_49@...
                                  Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 14:07:42 -0700