Re: Pattern for Infant Sleep Sack

  • sharonchaffey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2013
      hi everyone,
      I am a new member. I received a set of round and long looms for Christmas and have been having a great time experimenting with them.
      I never could get the hang of knitting and anything I crocheted tended to grow exponentially wider as I got longer in the project. The looms have been great! I can actually make something that looks like what it should be. I started out simple - dishcloths, small scarf - my son actually told me "Mom - you can knit like a real mom" (gotta love em!)
      Anyway, I am currently looking for a pattern to make a sleep sack for a newborn. I have a new grand niece and I cannot find a pattern. I am looking for essentially a large bag (without sleeves or with very simple sleeves) that ties at the bottom. You put them in this instead of using blankets for sleeping.
      I have thought of just doing a small afghan type square and putting a tie on the bottom and sewing it up the middle but I'd rather have a pattern to help with shaping the neck, etc.
      Anyone have such a thing or seen one in a book somewhere? It should be fairly easy as I am a newbie.
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Sharon