Re: Review: Universal S-Loom

  • lkendallgma
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2013
      Folks:

      I just received my new CinDWoodCrafts.com 72" Afghan S-Loom. I measured the pegs myself. Each side of the board is 72 1/2 inches long. The pegs on the outside of the scrolls are farther away from each other than the pegs on the inside of the scrolls. This is to allow the pegs to be consistently spaced across the board. The gauge of a knitting frame is determined by how far the pegs are apart across the board. The size of the peg, and how far they are from the pegs beside them on the same side of the board influence the gauge much, much less.

      I count 129 pegs on each side of the board, and the pegs are about 1 5/16 inches apart across the board. The knitted panel can be up to about 90", depending on the exact stitch pattern. This is a large gauge loom so chunky yarn or several strands of worsted weight yarn will be needed.

      Because if its size, materials, and design, it must be handled with care. You cannot wind the yarn too tight on the pegs or it wii distort the loom and the gauge. I am not huge, but I am not a small man either, so this is still lap size for me, but it might be too big for some people's laps.

      Because these looms take extra care and caution when knitting, and because Cindy wants her customers to be happy, this loom is a special order item. If some one is interested in these looms contact Cindy at her website to inquire. I will try to post a picture for those who are interested.

      lmk