Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] can this be done?

  • Iva Wedding
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 11, 2013
      Thank you! This will truly help.

      Iva

      On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM, salla <sallaevilincarnate@...> wrote:

      Flat circles can be knit on the round looms. This one is really small, but will give you a general idea of how it is done:

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 11, 2013
        Sure, just dont knit in the round. When you get to the next to the last peg go back around the other way. You might want to do the border stitches differently so the piece wont curl. Thats if you want a flat rectangular piece.

        If you want a circular piece its a different method. There are videos on that, too.

        > --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Iva" wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi, as a newbie even to this craft, I am sure I have lots to learn. My question today is: Can I use a round loom to flat weave an item?

      • eve schuld
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 13, 2013
          http://beesybeefiber.wordpress.com/2009/08/11/circular-weaving/  here you go, this site looks really good for a how to do it.  Just use the loom instead.

          Eve in Mn.

          Blog http://www.evethefiberfanatic.blogspot.com

          Flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/evesch/
        • Iva Wedding
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 13, 2013
            Eve, ThankYou for this. This was exactly what I was envisioning, but did not know exactly how to do it. Now, I can do this little surprise for my favorite pastor/radio presenter.

            Hugs, Iva