Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] can this be done?

  • salla
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 11, 2013
      Flat circles can be knit on the round looms. This one is really small, but will give you a general idea of how it is done:

      http://gettinitpegged.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/scrubby-os.pdf

      salla
      http://bysalla.etsy.com
      http://8bitrings.etsy.com
      http://bysalla.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 11, 2013
        Thank you! This will truly help.

        Iva

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 11, 2013
          Sure, just dont knit in the round. When you get to the next to the last peg go back around the other way. You might want to do the border stitches differently so the piece wont curl. Thats if you want a flat rectangular piece.

          If you want a circular piece its a different method. There are videos on that, too.

          > --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Iva" wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi, as a newbie even to this craft, I am sure I have lots to learn. My question today is: Can I use a round loom to flat weave an item?

        • eve schuld
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 13, 2013
            http://beesybeefiber.wordpress.com/2009/08/11/circular-weaving/  here you go, this site looks really good for a how to do it.  Just use the loom instead.

            Eve in Mn.

            Blog http://www.evethefiberfanatic.blogspot.com

            Flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/evesch/
          • Iva Wedding
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 13, 2013
              Eve, ThankYou for this. This was exactly what I was envisioning, but did not know exactly how to do it. Now, I can do this little surprise for my favorite pastor/radio presenter.

              Hugs, Iva