  • Brenda Jackson
    Message 1 of 97 , Jan 6, 2013
      Hi Iva;
      Welcome to this group i enjoy it, Im a relatively new the  loomer, i have been doing this for about a year and have collected several
      looms but the knify knitter looms (round and long) are a good place to start, i got mine from Micheal's. But i hear Joann's sells the sets he net to buy them
      also. If your looking for more and there are some really good sites on the net to buy them, i got mine from  looms www.cindwoodcrafts.com
      There is one called DA looms stay away from them the original owners sold and people that bought it have not sent out orders that have come in since the sale...another one is Markman looms and i have never dealt with them but i know some who have, but there web site says they are looking to sell due to health reason, so i don't know what to tell you there about there selling policy now, but there communication was very good and you can contact them.
      i hope i don't seem a bit long winded but i love looming and i learn new things everyday. And love to share if you have any questions am i can help let me know, YouTube is awesome if you type in Loom Knitting in the browser you will find a wealth of info

      Happy Looming

      Date: 1/2/2013 2:54:16 AM
      welcome Sandy.we love having u.hugs denise

      To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com
      From: bigbearcity02@...
      Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 20:04:18 -0800
      Subject: [ROUNDLOOMS] Newbie

      Hi my name is Sandy and I am new to this group.  I have been using looms since 1988 but haven't done a whole lot of different things.  I have made hats, scarves and now I am making slipper socks.  I would love to learn how to make other things.  I noticed a pattern for a dog coat and tried to figure it out but I can't seem to.
      I live in California with my husband of 50 years.  We have 4 children plus spouses, 14 grandchildren plus their spouses and  11 great grandchildren with one more on the way due in March.  We live in the snowy mountains of southern California.
      I really want to learn new things.  I have the round knifty knitter loom set, 2 CinDWood looms, small and another loom that I got in 1988 called Knit-A-Round Speed Knitter.  I also have one long (purple) Knifty Knitter loom but have no idea how to use it.  I have another loom that looks like a comb and I haven't figured that out either.
      Thank you for letting me join.

    • Ann Garner
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 12, 2014
        At 08:16 PM 7/5/2014, you wrote:
        >Try using plummers tape it is very light and you just wrap a little
        >bit around the base of each peg. It will come right off when you
        >are finished. I use this for my interchangeable knitting needles
        >and crochet hooks. I find it at Home Depot, Osh or Ace Hardware
        >store. Very inexpensive. I have around 4 or 5 rolls of this, my
        >hubby and son comes to me when they need some for their plumbing
        >repairs, lol. Good Luck
        The name of it is Teflon tape.
        Ann in Arkansas