Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Newbie

  • Iva Wedding
    Message 1 of 97 , Jan 5, 2013
      Hi, to all. I am a newbie both to the group and to loom knitting. I have done plastic canvas for years, but, I think, I was getting pretty burned out on it.  My interest in looming stems from a lady I met on another list and recently befriended on facebook. I am interested in learning how to do hat of all sizes, long mufflers, and maybe even afghans. I am interested mostly in doing it for charity, as I have no family nearby that can use any of the items I want to make. Currently, I only have one loom, which makes a child size cap, but will be getting more in the future, just have to work it into the budget.  I am sure I will have a lot of questions along the way, but I would like to say thank you for inviting me into this wonderful group.

      Iva, Indiana

      On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Brenda Jackson <cheaky_chic1@...> wrote:
      welcome to the group Sandy there are plenty more of them to, i found YouTube very helpful there are allot of tutorials to loom along with
      and allot of those people that do them have websites and Facebook pages you can go and ask questions. Lots of free pattern's and just a bunch of great helpful people who will point you in the right directions.

      Drop me a line if you need help i can set you up with some web address if you like

      Welcome and happy looming
      Brenda

      From: bigbearcity02@...
      Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 20:04:18 -0800
      Subject: [ROUNDLOOMS] Newbie

      Hi my name is Sandy and I am new to this group.  I have been using looms since 1988 but haven't done a whole lot of different things.  I have made hats, scarves and now I am making slipper socks.  I would love to learn how to make other things.  I noticed a pattern for a dog coat and tried to figure it out but I can't seem to.
      I live in California with my husband of 50 years.  We have 4 children plus spouses, 14 grandchildren plus their spouses and  11 great grandchildren with one more on the way due in March.  We live in the snowy mountains of southern California.
      I really want to learn new things.  I have the round knifty knitter loom set, 2 CinDWood looms, small and another loom that I got in 1988 called Knit-A-Round Speed Knitter.  I also have one long (purple) Knifty Knitter loom but have no idea how to use it.  I have another loom that looks like a comb and I haven't figured that out either.
      Thank you for letting me join.

    • Ann Garner
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 12, 2014
        At 08:16 PM 7/5/2014, you wrote:

        >Try using plummers tape it is very light and you just wrap a little
        >bit around the base of each peg. It will come right off when you
        >are finished. I use this for my interchangeable knitting needles
        >and crochet hooks. I find it at Home Depot, Osh or Ace Hardware
        >store. Very inexpensive. I have around 4 or 5 rolls of this, my
        >hubby and son comes to me when they need some for their plumbing
        >repairs, lol. Good Luck

        The name of it is Teflon tape.
        Ann in Arkansas