Re: Free Slipper pattern

  • funkie diva
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2012
      thank you. there is alocal charity for cancer patients. they need socks. i don't know how to do them. i thought maybe warm slippers will do.
      i looked for a free easy pattern i could do with yarn i can easily find with no short rows or felting. they don't have LB wool ease at walmart, but they have the LB hometown usa #6 super bulky. i touched it at store, thick, soft, warm, just like the wool ease. can i use some of that? could i use 2 strands RH or i love this yarn? the yarn substition chart at Lion Brand says that wool-ease, jiffy, hometown, homespun and martha stewart super bulky can be interchanged.
      peace.blessings.michelle

    • cheaky_chic1
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2012
        Sure you can, nyouca just eye-ball th size and use one pattern t make all different sizes i makemine jut a little shorter then my foot an i really like knit one row purl one row after i get my toe formed itmes th slipper a little thicker under the foot...happy looming

      • createitis@epix.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2012
          <LB hometown usa #6 super bulky. i touched it at store, thick, soft, warm, just like the wool ease. can i use some of that? could i use 2 strands RH or i love this yarn? the yarn substition chart at Lion Brand says that wool-ease, jiffy, hometown, homespun and martha stewart super bulky can be interchanged.>

          Hi, The yarn I used was a #6, so any of those would work. The thing that will make a difference is the spacing of the loom you choose to use. The one I used was 1/2" from center of peg to center of peg. So you need a loom with that spacing. If you have the small KK round loom with the 24 pegs, you could use that. Just knit back and forth instead of in the round.

          Hope this helps.