weaving in at the end....

  • momanto
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2012
      Good morning all I know its been a while, but you don't want to hear about my story...... so lets start fresh.... I have been making chemo hats for a near by cancer center, and I have made them with Caron simply soft yarn with the white band on the top well after I wash them before I bring them to the center all the ends come out..... how can I stop this from happening.... how long should the tail be before I weave it into the hat?????? thanks for the input I am sure someone will have the answer to my question.....

      momanto
    • funkie diva
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2012
        ah, another Simply Soft horror story. alhough the yarn is soft, it splits when you knit/crochet with it, do not wash it! the yarn breaks and pills big time when you wash it.
        just leave 6" tail after you bind off. thread large eye yarn needle. weave into the wrong side with the rev, stockinette or purl side. i make the chemo caps with RH, wool-ease, caron natura pounder, i love this yarn, and pound of love. you do not have to make the white halo although it is a nice touch. i just do 25 rounds on greeen loom with 2 strands worsted. i crocheted a baby blanket for a close friend with ss, i was embarassed! i will NEVER use thesimply soft again! i would rather use the rough RH, or find another soft yarn. i like the i love this yarn from hobby lobby. i can order online or beg a ride. they built one here in Jersey! woohoo!! peace on earth. michelle